Today was our county's high school graduation. One of our cousins, Rebecca, graduated tonight. As I filled out her graduation card today, I thought back to 12 years ago, when I walked across that stage and received my own diploma. In a way, it's hard to believe it's been 12 years, and in another sense, it seems like it has been much longer. The graduating class of 2008, were kindergarten graduates when I graduated high school! (Saying it that way makes me feel old!) I wish all of the graduates the best of luck for the next stage of their lives.
Matthew and I had a little alone time today when Jason and Jacob went to t-ball practice. We just laughed and talked and enjoyed being together. I love when Matthew talks to me. I had just given him a bath and had put his clothes on him, and we just sat down on his bed to talk and laugh. He would just look at me so sweetly and eye contact was not a problem today. I couldn't understand some of what he was saying, but we laughed about it anyway :) We worked on identifying eyes, nose, teeth, toes, etc., and I had him saying names again. He said, Ta for Tara, and she will be glad to know, he smiled so big as he said it! (I know he misses her!) Misty, he looked at me so sweet when I asked him to say your name, but I could see the recognition in his face when I started singing your bouncy ball song! He finally did make the m sound. I try to talk about all you guys every now and then so he doesn't forget anyone. I asked him to say Ms. Sherry, but I think he was afraid he'd have to go back to school to see her :)
We went over to Jason's mom's house this afternoon to go fishing in her pond. We put Matthew in his stroller, and he seemed to have the best time. He laughed so much! Jacob didn't do any fishing; he was too busy throwing things in the water and playing with Lexi, his mamaw's golden retriever. She is a little too energetic. She would jump in the pond and then come right next to us and shake water everywhere! Of course, Jacob loved every minute of it, but I don't think Matthew was as amused!
1 comment:
Aww! I bet it is great to just sit and chat with him. Its not often that parents get that opportunity! I must say that the bouncy ball song is a great hit! Haha. I just moved into my house and I still have Matthews picture in the frame you gave me. Needless to say, its on the entertainment stand with another one of my favorite kids. Hope your summer goes well. I like reading your blogs!
Post a Comment