Today was awards and prize day at Kyrock. This morning at 9:00 they had their prize drawings that were rewards for attendance and academic achievement. They always have some really nice prizes and this year was no exception. They had 2 brand new Dell computers with flat screen monitors, 4 new bicycles, flat screen tv, swimming pool, Nintendo DS, and the list goes on and on. Prizes went from expensive down to a much less expensive bubble wand. Well, Jacob's name was drawn pretty early on. He completely stressed me out. He walked around out there for what seemed like 30 minutes before deciding on the basketball goal. I, of course, wanted him to get the computer that was left, but his logic was that we already had one. The Nintendo and portable DVD player were left too, but he'll have a lot of fun with the ball goal. (I'm just glad he finally picked something!)
At 10:30 there were prize give-a-ways for the third and fourth graders for CATS testing. They were much less expensive prizes and Matthew's name was drawn for that. He had his eye on his prize of choice from the time he got up. He got one of those squeezy balls that have the little noodly things coming off of it. Of course it was busted about 15 minutes later, but he has played with it all evening. He couldn't have got anything he would have enjoyed more.
At 1:00 they had the actual awards ceremony for attendance and academics. Matthew and Jacob both received a medallion and certificate for meeting their goals for the school year. I was very proud of both my boys! I am turning into some kind of old sap since turning 30. When I opened Matthew's folder today, he had some certificates and cards from his teachers. As I read all of the little things, I was bawling like a baby! I didn't have this much trouble when he started school :) He got his certificate of completion from Kyrock. I can't believe he won't be going back there after tomorrow. He's such a big boy now. Jacob is having a bit of a hard time knowing that Bubba will not be at his school next year, but hopefully he will be over it by the time school starts back. Both of the boys have had a wonderful year, and I am glad for the opportunity to work in the same school they were at. That will be the only time that will happen, because the boys will not be back in the same school together :)
No comments:
Post a Comment