Hello everyone and welcome to my blog. I am very new at this and will have to learn as I go along. I simply wanted a way to share the things that my family does, and have a way to share the boys' lives with everyone that loves them. We have some friends and family that we don't get to see as often as we would like, so I thought this would be a good way to keep them involved. Matthew makes many special friends through his therapies and it seems as if they don't get to stay a part of our lives as long as we would like. Now I can share his progress with them, since they have all played some part in all of his successes. Everyone can stay updated on Jacob as well, since he is so hard to keep up with anyway.
For those of you who don't know, I have been working as a part-time aide in our preschool program at school. It is nice to be in the same school as the boys, but it has been very hectic since this is the first permanent job I have had since becoming a mom over 10 years ago! Well, tomorrow is our preschool graduation, and after that, I will only be working as needed for screenings for next years students. I will miss the children and I had a wonderful time in the class, but I REALLY miss being a stay-at-home mom!
Matthew is quickly approaching the end of his last year as a Blackhawk. It's hard to imagine him moving schools. Jacob is finishing up his kindergarten year, and he has really enjoyed it. He really loves his teachers, and the things kids learn in kindergarten now days is remarkable. He is already reading, adding, subtracting, learning money, counting to 100 by twos, fives, and tens, and has made 100 on his first three spelling tests. Through the year he has only flipped 3-4 cards, so I am really proud of him! It is sad though, because this will be the last year the boys will be in the same school. I know they will both do fine next year though.
Jason is into his second year at Publisher's. Now that mowing season is here, he is staying busy in the yard as well. He loves to go fishing, when he has the time, and is looking for a starter boat that we can all enjoy. Matthew loves to go out on my brother's pontoon, so we think he would like a smaller boat too. (I, on the other hand, prefer a lot of boat between me and the water.)
Well, I will try to keep my posts brief, but I love to talk about my family! I hope you all enjoy keeping up with us, and now I have to go clean up some green Hawaiian punch seeping across the living room carpet!!!!
1 comment:
This is so neat! I will definately be checking in with you guys! You should let Matthew do some typing. Hehe. Well just thought I'd leave you a comment!
Misty
Post a Comment