Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tired, Tired, Tired! That's me in a nutshell tonight. I have been on the go since early this morning. After working all day, (not just the half-days that I like so well!) running to Brownsville to fill out some paperwork, dropping the boys off to Jason to head right back out to a homemakers meeting, and returning back home in the nick of time to change Jacob into his ball uniform and head off to the ballpark, I have finally gotten the boys fed, bathed and in bed. Actually Jacob is asleep here in the living room with me right now, but I'll be packing him off to bed in a few minutes. Whew!!!!! That made me tired just typing all that :) It's been fun though! I had a good day at school, and I really enjoyed getting to be with my homemaker sisters again. I have missed so many meetings this year, I really don't even know what's going on. Oh well, we laughed and had a wonderful time, so it's all good!

Matthew and his class had beach day at school today, followed by a pizza party this afternoon. That was their reward for good attendance at school this year. (I'm pretty sure they are the only class who made it to 100 days of perfect attendance this year!) I think Matthew mostly swung in his swing, but he loves to do that. Some of the other kids had beach balls, bubbles, etc. and they played outside on and off all day today. Just so you know, that tooth is still MIA. I'm pretty sure it's gone for good now! Today they sent home some of his school supplies that have been there for a few years now, so the reality really has begun to set in that he only has 2 1/2 days left at Kyrock :(

Jacob's team won their ballgame tonight. It is really fun to watch those little fellas play. I just wish that some of the coaches and parents wouldn't take it so seriously. (Some just need to come back to reality and see that 4, 5 & 6-year-olds don't have the attention spans to play professional ball. You'd think there were millions riding on those t-ball games at times.) So what if some of the littlest ones want to lay down and roll in the outfield grass, or if some choose to use their gloves for a hat instead of a piece of equipment to catch a ball. Shoot, some could probably catch a ball as well with their cap as they could their mitt. Let'em have fun while they're little!! When they hit the majors is when we'll worry if they're rolling in the outfield, swatting bugs, digging in the dirt, watching a plane fly overhead.........

No comments: