I am TIRED! We have had a wonderful weekend, but it has wore me out. Today we went out on the boat and were able to stay out for a couple of hours this morning. We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs, and right after we ate, it started to rain. We went to mom and dad's and waited a while for the rain to pass over, and then we headed back out again. This time we just fished and had a very peaceful time. It was sad though, we didn't even get to get 'Big Bertha' in the water. Andrew, Ashlee and Jacob swam for a few minutes, and Jacob really seemed to enjoy himself. Matthew was much more contented today and he really seemed to have a good time. Jacob is so paranoid that Matthew is going to throw something out of the boat again. A few weeks back, Matthew threw his shoe overboard and ever since then Jacob just knows something else is going in. We didn't even take his shoes today so Jacob wouldn't worry about them. (I'm going to have to tie some grass string around his sippee-cup and tie it to the boat because he tried to chuck it a time or two!) Jacob was very concerned about the whompas cat my brother told him was in the woods, but he says he knows all about the whompas cats now. I still wish I could have videoed his face when my brother threw open the throttle and hollered out that he saw the whompas cat!
It's back to school tomorrow for the boys. I don't have to work, but I think I will stay around at school to watch the awards program that they are having. There's a half a day of school on Wednesday and then it's SUMMER BREAK! Of course that means that Matthew will be going back to the Kelly Autism Program at Western a couple of days a week, but he really likes it and they have helped him so much. I am more than happy to drive him down since it has benefited him so much. We are a little sad that Matthew's special friend won't be there this summer. She takes such good care of him that it makes it easier for me to leave him there. I know that he will still be taken care of, but we will miss her anyway :) That is just an example of the way Matthew touches people's lives that come in contact with him. I am so proud that Matthew is special to so many different people!
No comments:
Post a Comment