Sunday, May 25, 2008

What a wonderful day. It started off this morning with a few of my family gathering at the cemetery to place flowers on my Papaw's grave. I think about my Papaw a lot, but today especially, it was nice to just think back to the way that he lived his life. He preached many sermons in his lifetime, and helped more people than I could ever even know about. I am thankful of his life before me, and that I know what my Papaw believed in. Afterwards I went to Sunday school and we had a really good service there. After church, Jason, the boys and I went with Jason's mom, and his family to get something to eat and visit the cemetery where her parents are buried. When we got back, we went out on the boat with my brother, his wife and my nephew. (Wow, there were more people than I could have imagined out there on the lake!) Then we went over to Jason's mom's house for a little while. (We really went over to borrow 2 eggs, but it took us a long time!)

Matthew has been the grouchiest little fellow today. He hasn't been happy doing much of anything. I hope it doesn't mean he's not feeling well. He was really excited when he found out we were going on the boat, but he wasn't really happy while we were out there either. Maybe he just needs a good nights sleep. That silly boy, if he would sleep a little longer in morning, he might not get so tired during the day.

Jacob is still enjoying his photostory DVD. He told me yesterday, "Mom, I want to watch my DVD so I can see my beautiful face." He says it so innocently that I don't have the heart to tell him he shouldn't say it. He has had a blast today playing with all of his family.

Tomorrow we are planning on being out on the boat all day with my family. We are even going to grill out on the boat. We've got plenty of food to keep Matthew satisfied, and my brother went tonight and bought a 'Big Bertha' tube to pull behind the boat. I don't quite believe that Nan will try out ole Bertha, but I'll wish the others the best of luck!

No comments: