Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What a fun day out of school! We went to my mamaw's house today and visited with some of our family. My aunt and I took the kids to the park for a while, then we went back to mamaw's and had pizza for lunch (except Matthew who had mac and cheese) and then we set up Matthew's inflatable bounce house he got for Christmas. I hope that no one had a camera set up anywhere, unless I get a percentage of the money from funniest home videos. Matthew wanted me to get in with him, and I did with no problem. It's the getting out that takes a little more skill :) Finally I just told the boys to push me out. We just had a wonderful day visiting. The kids had a lot of fun playing hide and seek, and I just enjoy being with the kids. I used to babysit for several of my 'little' cousins and they are just really special to me. It's just hard to realize that they are growing up so fast. One of "my girls" is graduating high school this year and already has her sights set on college. At least she will be commuting back and forth and not living away somewhere on campus. Another one of "my girls" is fixing to become a mommy herself. Her little girl is due in less than a month, and I can't wait to hold the newest little bundle. It doesn't seem that long ago that we both stayed at mamaw and pa's and I would rock her till she went to sleep. Now a whole new generation is coming along. For those of you who don't know, that same little cousin is the one responsible for my nickname. She couldn't say Natalie when she was a baby, so she starting calling me Nannie and it stuck. All the kids that came along called me Nannie too, and when they got older they just shortened it to Nan. I told Cass that when her baby came along, and since she had given me the name in the first place, I was going to be her Nannie too, no matter what any of the grannies said!

P.S. Matthew finally lost that dangling tooth! I don't know where it is or when exactly he lost it, but it was gone this morning when I checked on it. His new tooth is already on its way in.

No comments: