It's official! I'm NUTS!! Jason has been saying so for several years now, but I proved it today. After working all day, I decided the boys and I would run to Wal-Mart to get some groceries and necessities. HA!HA!HA! Jason had to get started mowing the church cemetery, so I went it alone. Well, Jacob has to have a bladder the size of a green pea. It never fails that when I take the boys out (by myself especially) Jacob always has to potty. Of course, taking Matthew into the bathroom is not the easiest, so I try to get him to just hold it. (I made him go right before we left, and somehow the trip to Leitchfield must have shook him up!) Finally I had to cave. I had heard, "Mom, I've got to go baaaaaaaddd!!" for about as long as I wanted to hear it. Thank goodness they have a family restroom that I could squeeze Matthew's stroller into. No need really, cause Jacob must have had to go baaaaaaaaddd cause he was halfway done by the time I got the door closed. At least there was no one around. I seriously believe I fussed at that boy the whole time we were in that store. If he wasn't hollerin' about needin' to use the pot, he was driving Matthew around like some deranged lunatic. It's a wonder Matthew didn't come out of there with whiplash and motion sickness! Bless his heart, he was so good. About the only thing he did was squeeze a bag of hotdog buns up. Who ever gets that bag will be shy a couple of buns cause I don't think they could ever get them apart again. When we got home, Jason comments that it didn't seem like we'd been gone long! I laughed, sarcastically, and said, "Seemed like a lifetime." (My feet think so too!)
Jacob's teacher gave each of her students a DVD photostory that she made from pics taken throughout the school year. It was such a sweet gesture, and Jacob and I have already enjoyed it so much. It plays on a loop, so it's on about its 50th time now. Jacob is so cute in one picture. (That's his own words.) Of course he is, but I can tell modesty will have to be a lesson in the future. We're still working on acknowledging when people speak to him. I really think he just gets embarrassed, but he comes across as a rude little snot-bug!
Matthew is doing his favorite Friday evening thing, watching wrestling! I still wonder what made him like wrestling in the first place because it was something we never watched. I can easily remember him being no more that two, and how he would have me stop on wrestling when I was flipping through the channels on Saturdays. He has enough DVDs to last him for days on end, but he knows when it's on tv and when it's a movie. The tv ones keep his attention much longer than the DVDs usually. It goes off at nine and I think me and both boys will hit the hay when its over! Everyone have a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment