It's SUMMER BREAK!!!!! Matthew loves being out of school. Jacob, however, hasn't been the happiest kid knowing that he is no longer a kindergartner. I think he will miss his 'pals', as he calls them, and teachers, and I think he is a bit nervous about going to 1st grade. He got to meet his 1st grade teacher today and I think he will really like her. Jason and I took the boys to Cracker Barrel this afternoon for a celebratory dinner. Ever since Matthew has been in school, we have taken him to Cracker Barrel on the last day to celebrate. He got his macaroni and cheese and fried apples, and was one happy little boy! (Mrs. Sherry, he had a big surprise for us when we left and it wasn't even 9:00!) He has crashed out since he has been up since 2:00 this morning. I am planning on having lots of fun with the fellas this summer. I hope we can go out on the boat, go swimming, visit the park, and visit with family a lot. Matthew starts back to KAP next week, and he has a lot of fun there. I take Jacob with me some days, and we do fun stuff while Matthew is in his sessions. I'm just looking forward to having the boys to myself for the summer :) I held up well today and didn't cry even knowing it was Matthew's last day at Kyrock. I felt a few tears threatening to spill over a time or two, but I willed them back! Thank goodness I didn't make a blubbering fool out of myself!!
Jason and Jacob have been watching that new reality show, Farmer Takes a Wife, and Jacob has turned into the farmer. He has to wear his boots and hat, and he was even square dancing a while ago. I asked him if he was going to take a wife, and he said, "NO WAY!" There's never a dull moment with that little guy around :)
No comments:
Post a Comment