Friday, May 16, 2008

"THE BIG 3-0"
Yep, that's right. Today is my 30th birthday! It doesn't bother me to be 30; as I say, "That's better than the alternative!" I'll just consider it coincidence that my hip joints are aching, so that I'm hobbling around like a little old lady :) I've already embarrassed myself once today. I decided since it was my birthday, I would just wear my pajama pants to school to drop the boys off. I drop them off at the door anyway, so very few people even see me. Well, today the girl that gets Matthew for me told me I needed to go into the office and fill out a time sheet. So I parked the car and went parading in the building with my pajama pants, an old t-shirt and flip-flops on, not to mention that a brush had yet to touch my hair. If I had known, I would have put some curlers in my hair and wore an old duster to school with a sign that announced my big day! Jason and the boys are planning on taking me to Cracker Barrel for dinner tonight, so I might need to start getting ready now. Jacob told me he picked a card out for me all by himself. It has a dog on it holding a flower in its mouth, but shhhhh, don't tell daddy! (I think he got a little confused on that one!) Yesterday was my sister-in-law's birthday, but I respect my elders of four years and won't tell her age :) (Christie, remember, it's better than the alternative!)
On a more serious note, I have been extremely blessed through my 30 years. The most precious blessing was when the Lord saved me 20 1/2 years ago. For that alone I could never repay Him. I have the most wonderful family in the world. Not just my immediate family, but aunts, uncles and cousins alike. My grandparents on both sides were pillars in their churches and in the community. I am so proud of the way they held this way up, and made sure it was handed down to us. Mom and Dad always gave me and my brother the best they had, but I thank them most of all for taking us to church and helping us to become established in the right way. I want to follow their example and do the same for mine. Jason and I have had a wonderful life together. The Lord has blessed our home with two wonderful little boys. Our life has not always been the easiest, but it could always be worse, and for that I am thankful. I have made MANY special friends along the way. Some from my childhood and school years, some from church, some from work, and some through connections with my children. Each one of my friends are special and I'm thankful to know you all!

No comments: