Wednesday, October 1, 2008

FALL BREAK!!!!

Hip-Hip-Hooray...Fall Break is here! The boys and I are glad to be able to take a break from the early mornings and the rush of getting to school on time. (Who am I kidding? Matthew will continue to get up early! Hopefully I can coax him into laying back down with me until at least 7:00! That would be sleeping really late :) The boys had their milkshake treats today even though it wasn't actually Friday. Since it was the last day of school for the week, I went ahead and surprised them. I'm glad I did because I may not get to do that anymore. When I picked Matthew up today, they told me Matthew could no longer leave early. He, and the rest of the special-needs children will have to wait to leave until 2:35. That is the same time I have to pick Jacob up. Now I will have to have Grandma and Grandmama pick him up for me. :( Jacob doesn't care, but I do! I want to be the one to do for my kids, but this makes it impossible. I'm not going to let it ruin fall break though!

We don't have any big plans. As I've mentioned, Jason will be off next Thursday and Friday, and we may take the boys to the Louisville Zoo after their dentist appointments, but other than that, we'll just take each day as it comes! One thing we may try to do is sell some Avon. Matthew's school is selling it as a fundraiser, and we want to do our part to support the 5/6 Center. The top seller will get a $100 Wal-Mart card and the second person will get a $50 card! Wonderful incentives. Matthew is already thinking that $100 would buy a lot at Wal-Mart...movies, wrestling men, squishy balls, viennas, pop tarts, crackers, chips, marshmallow, and the list goes on. Being top seller is a far reach, but hey, a boy can dream :) If anyone is interested in buying, let me know and I will try to get the book to you. We only have one book, so that makes it a little more difficult. It is their Christmas campaign, and there are some cute things in there...really good gift ideas! Hint-hint Mom! :)

P.S. Halle's doctor said this morning that the shots yesterday were helping and she didn't have to have anymore today. She thinks she will be able to have the tubes inserted tomorrow, so everyone remember her. I watched her today, and had her laughing out loud. She thinks Nannie is a goof! She has the most precious smile :) I catch myself talking to her at times and referring to her as a good boy...just a habit! I have to get used to all the girlie stuff! At least I haven't called her Matthew or Jacob yet...I'm sure it's coming though! She is very spoiled to being walked. I sat down with her today and you would have thought I broke her leg off or something. I stood up and voila...she was fine. Sat back down and she was in tears again. I told her she was going to have to get out of that or she was going to make Nannie skinny from all that walking :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Lovvvvvvvve the pictures,,,great shots!!!! Be sure and let me see the Avon book,,,I need some Timeless stuff. Have a good fall break!!!