Friday, October 24, 2008

Today has been a much 'tamer' day considering the last two. I really do think there's something in the air that is affecting my families automobiles. When I picked Matthew up from school today, Martha called me and told me to go to the high school to pick up her granddaughter and then come on to Kyrock because her car wouldn't start! She called me as I was leaving the high school parking lot and told me some folks at the school had given her a jump and she had made it to Tricia's house. (When Jacob got in the car he said, "Them men said something about giving us a jump and I thought they were gonna jump on the car!"

Jacob was proudly wearing 'dog tags' that he had received in Success today. He had one for making the A honor roll and one for perfect attendance for the first 9 weeks. He made a 95% on his math test from Thursday, 100% on his spelling test (he made a 'd' for the 'b' in bike) and he made a 90% on his reading test. I told him those were still really good grades and he said "Uh-Uh! I didn't make a hundred! I hate tests!" I had to cringe a bit and I had no need to wonder where he gets that attitude from. (Guilty as charged)

Matthew had another good day today. The school staff posed the question of whether or not taking him off the red food dyes could have anything to do with his behaviors. Interesting thought, and I will definitely continue to pay close attention. Thank goodness it's Friday! We have a big day tomorrow...A Halloween Party with my family :)

No comments: