Okay, I'm convinced that a Halloween spook has taken up residence inside my computer. From Saturday morning until sometime today, it would not work right. Since coming in from "Camp Kyrock" with Jacob, it has suddenly started working...WEIRD!
"Camp Kyrock" was the theme for this year's Fall Into Reading program. It was definitely the neatest program to date! They had set up a forest path (made of artificial and real Christmas trees) from the main entrance where you were to sign in, to the primary doors. There were princesses along the path and 'forest rangers' manning their stations inside. The gym was completely made over with tent stations set up all around and campfires that were made of paper, lights and fake rocks...they were absolutely adorable. At the different tents the children could play reading BINGO, illustrate their own story, listen to scary stories, hear stories written by children, fragmented stories and look at magazines. Then we moved on the lunchroom where we enjoyed a camp out dinner of hot dogs, chips, drinks and smores. In the classroom one of the first grade teachers read the Bernstein Bear's Camp Out, and parents helped their children make a craft that was a little foam smore man. (I told Jacob we'd have to keep it put up or Bubba would eat it!) We finished up with a purchase from the Book Fair and headed home. Jason had big boy's night with Matthew at home. I think it included hot dogs and movies :)
Matthew got his first 'real' grade card today. He made all A's and B's. I don't really know how they determine his grades, but it's kind of neat for him to actually get a grade card. I'm not sure how he could make an 80 in adapted PE, but oh well, he made a 97 in Arts and Humanities :) Jacob gets his grade card this week also.
A little reminder...anyone interested can keep their spare change to help Jacob along in his run for reign at Kyrock! Also, we LOVE Box-Tops! For anyone who doesn't already save these for someone, feel free to send them on over to Jacob. We're saving pop-tops from soda cans for Matthew's school. (At least I think they are taking them, I need to check and see. These can be used at different children's hospitals to help parents with their stay.) We'll see how long the computer holds out this time :)
No comments:
Post a Comment