Thursday, October 16, 2008

Just a quick little post...The allergy doctor's assistant called today with an appointment reminder and let us know that Matthew's appointment tomorrow will take about TWO HOURS!!!! UGH :( I guess I thought we'd go in there, they'd slap those things on his back and we'd be out in no time. HA!HA! Now I'm really feeling a bit guilty about signing him up. I'm hoping most of this two hours will be wait time to see if any reactions occur. If they are sticking him the entire two hours, I'm going to have one ill little bean on my hands! One thing that will be on Matthew's side tomorrow is that he has a very high pain tolerance. (and I've heard that the actual pain is very minimal.) He usually gives blood and takes shots with very little reaction. (There was one time he had 7 vials of blood drawn, and he never even flinched. I think I did worse than him. However, when we were leaving the hospital lab, I thought he was going to pass out. He was only about 7 at the time, and that's a lot of blood for one so young.) Hopefully he will do okay tomorrow. I really hope he don't fight against us. He is one strong fella when he has a mind to be, and no mommy wants to have an ordeal at the doctor's office. I really think he will do okay though. I'll take him some books and toys and maybe that will help. I'll post tomorrow night with the results.

I've spent the last two days babysitting, and I will have Halle tomorrow when we get back as well. I so enjoy having a little one around! She smiles and laughs so much, and now she has learned she can growl, and she does it a lot :) She is such a joy! (Except when she's fighting sleep, and boy she can throw her a good one then!) When she went for her 4 month check-up, her ped told her she could start baby food, and that's been an experience. I think she and I both wore more carrots yesterday than she actually ate! She had carrots for three days and today she tried squash. She did a little better, but I think it's because she's beginning to get the hang of sucking the food off the spoon rather than a food preference. Needless to say, she had on two bibs and I used several baby wipes to clean her little face :)

Not to leave Jacob out...he's doing great! And think, I said this was a quick little post :)

No comments: