Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm Back!

Thank goodness my computer is up and running again. I wonder how long it will be before I send it into another blogging blur? I still think Jason willed the computer to mess up because he accuses me of blogging and e-mailing too much! If he can play Play Station, I can blog to my heart's content :)

We haven't been up to much. School started back for the boys on Monday and I knew Jacob was ready to go back, but Matthew is usually a different story. He surprised me the first couple of days by smiling and walking right on into school. Today, however, when I unbuckled him, he pulled the seat belt back over him and was not getting out. I think he was okay once he realized he was going to have to go whether he wanted to or not. Tomorrow will be his last day of school this week, as Friday is the big day for allergy testing. I don't want there to be any allergies, but if there aren't, I will feel really bad about putting him through the test for nothing. If he does have allergies, I want to know it so we can avoid the culprits and see if his little bouts of stomach trouble get better. I'll be sure to let everyone know the results. Tomorrow we have more KAP and speech. Jacob has really enjoyed being back at school, and he hasn't even complained about having homework!

I didn't have the chance to update on Jason's birthday, but he turned 33 on October 4th. We celebrated with his family on his birthday with homemade O'Charley's Potato Soup, and a strawberry cake that Jacob helped Jason make. I have a couple of pictures of Jason with the boys that I will try to post soon. On Sunday, we went out on the pontoon after church with my brother and his family. Jason and Jeromy's birthdays are on the same day of the same year, so they are exactly the same age. We always try to do something together to celebrate, and the boat is the perfect place :) We took pizza on board and everyone had a great time. We ended by making homemade ice cream and playing corn hole at Mamaw's. We still have two more birthdays to celebrate this month. Dad's birthday was yesterday and we haven't celebrated with him yet, and Mom's birthday is the 29th. We like to do birthdays in pairs in my family. Christie and I are a day apart in May (and I was born on Mamaw Doyle's birthday), Michael (nephew) and Mamaw Skaggs' are a day apart in December, and Jacob and Ashlee are a day apart in August. We grown ups get to share get-togethers, but we usually have the kids their own thing though. I don't think Ash would go for a Transformer or Power Ranger party!

I look forward to updating a little more regular now, so keep dropping in!

2 comments:

Staffanne said...

Happy birthday to everyone celebrating! Good luck on the allery testing. Hope all goes well!

Jenni said...

Welcome back!! I missed reading your blog!