If you read my last post, you know all about the way my day started off. I went to pick Matthew up at school, and they said he had a SUPER day. He worked so hard and was in the best mood ever. They told me I could feed him deodorant every day if it made him act like that! Well, I took Matthew to WKU and dropped him off for his speech session, and then he goes immediately from speech into his KAP session. I went to pick him up and he came up the hall laughing, squealing and flashing everyone with his shirt up over his head! The staff member walking him up the hall said he had been so happy and in such a good mood today. Another one said, "What did you feed him today?" I said, "Deodorant." Then I gave a simple explanation of the morning's events and Matthew was ready to go. I told him to tell Mr. Jonathan bye, and he waved so big!!! He had made a spider while at KAP and I asked him what it was and it sure as the world sounded like he said spider! Right then and there I pondered beginning a 'deodorant therapy diet' and letting him have a little lick of deodorant of the mornings as I'm applying it to his pits :) (Just kidding, but I can't help but wonder if there is something in the deodorant that his body needs. An old wives tale is that if a child eats something that is not normally eaten, the child's body is needing some kind of nutrient in whatever is eaten. It's probably just a coincidence that the day Matthew really decides to turn on for people is the same day he has Degree Cool Comfort for breakfast :)
They told me something just wonderful when I picked Matthew up at school today. Yesterday he had speech at school and he signed and/or said all of his colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They also worked with him in the room and he did it for them as well. I knew he could do one or two, but I thought maybe it was a fluke. Apparently not!!! I tried to get him to do it for me this afternoon and I finally got him to sign red and blue for me. (I guess the deodorant effect of the day had already worn off by the time I was working with him.) I'm going to continue to work on this with him and get him to show me all of them! I was so thrilled that he has learned this. Aren't you excited for him?! He even voluntarily used his sentence, "I want chips." today without any prompting at all! With today being such a good day for him, I'm afraid tomorrow might be a flop. Can I dare hope for two good days in a row?!
Jacob began his campaign to become Prince of Kyrock today. He proudly announced he made $9.35 at school today! We will continue collecting money until next Thursday morning when the room winners will be decided! His tongue is doing much better today. He is still talking a little strange, and he has to wallow his food around a bit to keep it from hurting, but at least there's no bleeding.
1 comment:
Yeah! I am so happy for you! I found you on here today through Steffane's page. I'm glad you all are doing so well!
Post a Comment