Pooey! Today hasn't started off too well!! I hope this is no indication for the rest of the day. At least it didn't start off quite so early this morning. I set our regular alarm and my cell phone alarm, so Jason was out of the house on time this morning :) I was in a hurry this morning because I had been busy getting Jacob's goodies together to sell today, making him a money container, and e-mailing his teacher to let her know about his tongue. (It quit bleeding thru the night. Where the actual cut is looked pretty good, but the end of it looked worse this morning. Jacob said, "Is my tongue swelled?" He could tell it was, and he said it hurt to make the 'S' sound. He said "When I munch on my pop-tart is huuuurrrrts!" He was taking it all in stride though!) So when I got Matthew ready, I went to put the boys backpacks and Jacob's tote of treats in the car and start it for warming. In my hustle, I forgot to pick up Matthew's deodorant, so when I came in he was smelling good! The white stuff was all over him and he had eaten some of it because I could see it in his teeth, not to mention his breath smelled like 'cool comfort'! I washed him off as best I could and raced off with them to get to school on time. Well, after dropping Matthew off, I realized I had left my cell phone at home, and since I had given Jacob's teacher that number to reach me today, I had to come all the way back home to get it. Since I did, I went ahead and called poison control since it states on the back that if ingested to seek medical help or call poison control immediately. If anyone else's child decides to eat deodorant, they'll be okay. The main effect is choking and vomiting and that should happen at the time of ingestion. She said Matthew should be fine the rest of the day. I told his aide that even if Matthew goes poo today, that he still wouldn't stink!!!!
Okay, summary so far...Matthew has eaten deodorant forcing me to be the good mom and call poison control (even if it was an hour later), which made me cringe when I had to give them my name because I know it showed up in the computer where I called because Matthew ate a diaper one time. It was clean, he got it out of the diaper bag and took a big bite out of the middle of it. I knew that gel in there expanded when it got wet, so I was afraid his belly would blow up! Their answer, he'll probably just have loose stools (which is the same thing they told me when he got a hold of one of those silica packets from a shoe box that has "DO NOT CONSUME!" written all over it, that had me convinced he had just poisoned himself!) Back to the summary...and I left my cell phone at home forcing me to drive all the way back home, when I was going to save gas and not go home today since I pick Matthew up early, but I was afraid the school would try to call and not be able to reach me. (Especially since that's the number I gave in the first place) And, I have to have a cell phone when I drop Matthew off at WKU so they can call me in case of an emergency. I so hope the rest of the day goes better :)
1 comment:
What a day! Tongue lacerations usely heal on their own. Just watch out for infections. If the cut is just minor, he should be fine!
Don't worry Poison Control keeps records/data on every call. Even when I call from work, they want to know the specs!
Hope your day ended better
Post a Comment