Oh my golly gracious!!!!! This has been one of the WACKIEST days in a loooong time. It all started early, very early, this morning...I was awakened by the sound of the phone and was startled so, that my heart nearly pounded out of my chest! Jason had set the time on the alarm, but he had forgotten to turn it on. (He thinks he did, but I see no way he could have.) When the guys he rides to work with pulled in and he didn't come out, they called and let the phone ring once. (So polite to try and not wake the kids. Still didn't work...Matthew heard it!) So he got to drive himself to work this morning. I'm now worrying about him and he text messages me to let me know he made it all in one piece and on time. Now I don't have to worry about him being on the road until coming home time. Fast forward to this afternoon....I am babysitting today, and Halle and I are at my Mamaw's. My sister-in-law, Christie, and I leave at the same time to go pick our children up at school. As I am buckling Halle's carrier in the car, Christie says that her car won't start. She said her radio was still on and that she must have left the key turned too far when she got out. I told her to hop in and we headed to B-ville. I dropped her off at the middle/high school to pick up her kids, and Halle and I went to pick Matthew up. I called my aunt who picks up Jacob and her grandson and asked if she had to pick her granddaughter up at the high school, and thankfully she did. I had miscounted seats and I didn't have enough room for us all! After talking to her, Jason calls and says he's sitting on the side of the Interstate because his car just quit on him. I meet my aunt and Christie at the high school and Martha took the baby, Jacob, her grandson and granddaughter with her and I took the Christie, Matthew, Ashlee and Michael with me. The five of us went to Mamaw's where I left Matthew with Ashlee and Mamaw until Mom could get there (in about 20 minutes) and she picked him up. My brother Jeromy, Christie and I loaded into Jeromy's big truck with the trailer attached to go get Jason and his car. Mom stopped to pick up Jacob from my cousin's house where he went with Martha. We find Jason and he said a big double trailered UPS semi weaved way off the road and come within mere feet of hitting him sitting there. On the way home, my mom called and told me that Jacob had been playing with his cousin on the trampoline and had fallen and bit a place on his tongue. It had been bleeding and continued to bleed until he went to sleep. He has a nice horse-shoe shaped flap of skin/tongue tissue hanging off and he can't keep from running his teeth across it because it feels so funny, even though that is causing the bleeding to be worse. Jason called one of our paramedic friends and he said it should be okay. He's sleeping peacefully right now, so I'll just keep an eye on him. One weird thing...Christie's key wasn't left on. Her radio just kept playing even when the key was turned off. When Jeromy jumped it, it started and she was able to turn the radio off. What a day...Oh, let's not forget hearing the news that there were supposed gunmen on Western's campus while Martha's granddaughter was there in class...one building away from where the shots were reported. Thank goodness it all turned out to be less than what we thought. (I'm glad it all didn't happen when I had Matthew down there! I would have been a nervous wreck! I was worried enough about Becca and all of our friends from KAP!)
Needless to say, I am wore out! I'm setting every alarm in the house tonight, because if Jason oversleeps in the morning, he'll have a long walk to work :)
No comments:
Post a Comment