Matthew ate his mashed potatoes!!! He has eaten them before, but it's not something he does very often. I fixed him his own plate of kraut and wieners, homemade mac & cheese, and 'real' mashed potatoes, and he ate it all! He tends to eat a wider of variety of foods if he feeds himself, but honestly we have gotten out of the habit of eating at the table. Since they are incorporating that into his school day, I thought we better get back to it at home. (I also have to keep the table cleaned off! That tends to be our dumping grounds!) Jason also thought I had forgotten how to turn the stove on, but I am a pro at dialing for take-out :) He done very well with his fork; he likes it better than a spoon cause he likes to stab his food. Towards the end he was getting frustrated a little and tried his hands instead. I also let him drink from a small open top cup, and he done great. Right before he finished he went to set it down and he set in on his fork and it rolled over, but otherwise I was over-joyed. He was truly enjoying himself, and I think it was because he was being a big boy. He was getting really excited and laughing! He had a better day at school today and I hope that he continues. I worried all day about him. His aide said she thought the picture cards I took in and the ones she had already made were a big help to him. He is also pulling his pants up all by himself without being told too :)
Jacob is continuing to play with all his birthday toys. We took his pogo stick over to Grandma's yesterday, and it's a pretty good thing he had on a helmet and pads! He landed on the ground and about took Grandma down with him :) We had a wonderful time Sunday at the birthday parties. Uncle Jeromy had gotten a bean bag toss game that was a lot like corn hole, and we had a blast. Even Jacob was throwing some bean bags in the hole. At the other uncle's house, he enjoyed playing ball with Jason's brother, and he and his little cousin really enjoyed the sand and water table she got for her birthday. It was a busy but wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment