Friday, September 19, 2008

Here it is Friday night, and I am ready for some rest. I picked the boys up today from school and had their usual...milkshakes. I started a little something the first of the year, where every Friday I stop and get the boys a milkshake before I pick them up from school. I love to hear Matthew say "milkshake"! Jacob has slipped a little on his grades, and I think my heart wanted to skip a few beats this afternoon. He made 100% on his spelling, and 90% on his reading. I know, those are still wonderful grades, but I was hoping for perfect scores. He had made a 88% on a vocabulary type test/paper earlier in the week, and my heart really took a leap when it saw that. I had to remind myself he is only in first grade, and he IS NOT me!

Matthew did something cute at KAP yesterday and they couldn't wait to tell me about it. When he came out of the restroom, he saw several balls (the squishy, noodley kind that he LOVES) and his eyes lit up. They were by the sink because they had been sanitized. He went over and scooped them all up, and then SKIPPED down the hallway laughing! He was very proud of himself :)

I went up to Mamaw's today and got to spoil the new baby of the family. Halle is 3 months old now and is adorable! She smiles so sweetly and is still so tiny. She weighs 11 pounds and is a doll! I had a lot of fun spoiling her today. Jacob even held her for a few minutes. He was pretty jealous though when Grandma came in and held her. The only other person he was jealous when they were talking to the baby, was Andrew. Andrew is my niece's boyfriend, and both of my boys LOVE him. Matthew gets their picture and says "Andrew". That don't set to well with Ashlee! I don't think Jacob knows that Andrew and his sister aren't actual family members, but it don't matter anyway :)

I have a batch of Amish friendship bread in baking, so I will be up for a little while yet. Who knows if it will even come out right with me baking it. Jacob helped me, so I'm sure he sweetened it up a bit! Now...if I can just keep from burning it :)

No comments: