Today was Matthew's best day of speech for this semester. He was happy and giggly, and he worked better today than in previous sessions. I think he has come to realize that he has to do his 'learning' activities first before moving on to the fun stuff. He is using a picture schedule and for those that are not familiar with such, it is simply what it sounds like...a board that has the sessions activities on it in pictures. Matthew's schedule is as follows: Learning (usually a color/craft project), snack, toys, clean-up and home. When he finishes an activity, he puts the picture (they have Velcro on the back) in a finished pocket. Well, when he went in today, he was going to put Learning and Snack in the finished pocket so he could get to Toys! He's catching on. He made a pumpkin picture today, and he was more cooperative. He has a mini schedule in his 'learning' session. It has 3 pictures, (ex. color, cut, paste) and each one has a Cheez-it picture following it. That way when he finishes coloring he knows he gets a cracker, etc. I'm glad to see the improvements :)
KAP...a different story. I don't really know what kind of day he had other than the last bit. He had a 'major' problem that those who've worked with Matthew will understand. It took 3 staff members to 'deal' with the problem. Now this is why Matthew is going on the 17th of October for allergy testing. (Part of the reason) He has frequent problems with 'accidents' such as this, but he also seems to have his fair share of sinus infections and some problems with eczema. Who knows, the testing may turn up zilch, but at least we'll know.
I started this post a few hours ago, and since then I've stressed a bit. Jacob has a spelling test tomorrow, and for the first time really, he is having problems with the words. They have gotten a bit longer, but they have some really close sounds that are getting him confused. Of course I was getting agitated because he wasn't giving it as much attention as I thought he should, and I was really 'bugging' me! I hope this is not the beginning of many years of homework struggles ;) It is still really hard for me to loosen up a bit. I will admit, for those of you who do not know, I was very diligent to making good grades in school. Looking back, I could probably say I was a bit fanatical, and it is hard not to carry that over with Jacob. I have got to loosen up, or I will be completely CRAZY by the time he gets to his senior year :)
Truck update: Jason replaced the fuel filter and it sounded better for a bit. But guess what? Now the alternator is bad and will have to be replaced. Of course that means the battery will more than likely have to be replaced as well! More luck of Jason! :(
No comments:
Post a Comment