Well, for those of you who remember my post back in June where I told about setting out 2200 mums, guess what? They are ready for selling! I went and helped my brother move several from his house to my mamaw's today. Her front yard is full and so is the side yard. There are such a wide variety of colors and they are all beautiful. They are selling for $3.50 each, or if you buy 3 or more they are $3.00 each. They also have watermelons ($3.00 & up), pumpkins($1.00-$4.00), corn shocks($5.00), straw bales($4.00), and gourds(small ones are 3 for $1.00 and bigger ones are 2 for ($1.00). I must say they really have some nice looking fall decorations!
The boys were both ready as usual to go visiting. Jacob really helped out for a while, and Matthew watched from his stroller. Coming home, the fair lights were calling Jacob and he asked when we could go. I'm planning on taking them for Fair Day, but that's a week away and I know he wants to go sooner like any other little one would. He's already planning on what rides he wants to ride. Matthew doesn't really care much for the fair, except for the food. As long as he has a drink or something to eat at all times, he pretty much takes it in stride (or stroll)!
I got a good report on Matthew Friday and his teachers say they are proud of him. He had a really good week and I am sooooooo thankful! Last weekend I was a nervous wreck! They were excited to tell me that when they announced to the other students it was time to go to the restroom, Matthew got up from the computer and went to the restroom in the classroom, raised the seat (that's training him right!) and tried to use it! They think he is really enjoying being like the other kids. He sits in front of the classroom aide's desk and she said he likes to look at her and wave. She's been signing I Love You to him and he was signing back to her Friday!
Jacob was quick to tell me he didn't flip a card Friday. (He knows better!) He has still only flipped the one. He made another 110% on spelling and 100% on reading! I'm glad he's doing so well, and he enjoyed playing teacher with me and Jason as the students Thursday afternoon. Jason flipped all of his cards and Jacob made a call to his parents to tell them he had to go to the principal's office and he told Jason she was MEAN! I, on the other hand, was the perfect student by completing all my assignments and I got a treat out of the treat box ;)
1 comment:
Lo and behold, I believe we have another teacher on our hands. You all better dot your i's and cross your t's, or you'll be in trouble. Your boys are precious,,,I'm so glad for Matthew that him and his aide get along so well. That will make all the difference for him.
Post a Comment