Wednesday, September 24, 2008

If it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all; Gloom, despair and agony on me! (HA!HA! Hooray for the Hee Haw classic) I'm sure that's how Jason was feeling this afternoon. Our Explorer is out of commission, or more like out of a transmission. He has borrowed his mom's truck to take off some loads of scrap metal and the like to try and get a little extra cash, and wouldn't you know it, it has tore up now too! He got stranded a couple of times this afternoon, and like true heroes, the boys and I came riding in with our, not white horses, but our silver Buick to the rescue. You would've thought he would have been a little happier to see us! He wasn't bad, just down a bit that he's just trying to get some work done and nothing ever seems to work out for him, and to top it all off, we had to miss prayer meeting because it was after 6:45 when we got home. Anyway, he has the wonderful task of replacing a fuel filter tomorrow. I'm kinda glad that I have to take Matthew to WKU.

I know you all have no way to know this, but sometimes these entries take a very long time to post. Just like now, I typed the paragraph above and had to stop and give the boys their baths. Jason is usually good at helping out at bath time, but he took a bad fall today at work, so I didn't want him pulling on the boys in the tub. Did I mention Jason's luck? But, what a sweet wife to think about his well-being! Ha!...I just didn't want to hear him grumble about it, so I'd just rather do it myself ;) Jacob fired Jason from giving him a bath anymore last night anyway because he poured water up his nose. I think he thought he was drowning!

Jacob had a note on his reading book today that said we would try this book even though it was a little harder. His teacher also wrote that he was really moving on in reading :) His class gets 'brags' for good behavior and such and when they got 10 brags they got to get a class pet. Mrs. Susan let the kids vote for the choice of pet, and they got a RAT! UGHHH! Billy the rat to be exact, and Jacob even adds that it's a tame rat. He told me today, when they get 20 brags they get to put Billy in his ball. Now listen, if he comes home asking for a rat he can FORGET IT! I have spent to much time in the past putting the smackdown on their cousins to put something like that in a cage!

When I picked Matthew up today, he had a little bruise on his forehead right smack between his eyes. I don't know what he did, but he looked like he had on one of those jewels some Indians wear. It's very small, but is so noticeable due to its location.

I am going to stay up a while longer. I want to get some of the house cleaned up tonight. Today I worked for my bro-in-law and sis-in-law cleaning up the house they moved out of so they can put it on the market, and I plan to work there tomorrow. Matthew has KAP and speech tomorrow afternoon and then I get to watch Halle on Friday! WHOO-HOO! I'm really excited about that! I'm so busy right now though that I know if I don't get some of my own housework done tonight, it might not get done for a while.

P.S. I worked really hard at getting this new background and these little tickers on here! I hope ya'll like it! :)

No comments: