Whew, what a day! I am wore to a frazzle! I made the comment to someone today that I thought fair day got worse every year, then I quickly changed my statement to maybe it's because I get older every year. After being there about an hour, the place was hopping with people and the lines were so long you had to wait forever to get on a ride. And the sun...oh, the sun! It was hot all day long. Both of the boys, but Matthew especially, have red faces. I thought it was supposed to be overcast today, so I didn't take sun-block with me. Jacob rode several rides and played some games. Matthew rode in his stroller and he saw a little squishy noodle ball that was only a dollar right after we got there, and that kept him pretty occupied while Jacob was riding. Matthew is too big for the kiddie rides, but because he has such low muscle tone, I am afraid to put him on many of the bigger rides, because he just can't hold himself up too well. He was happy with his new little ball though, and I bought him a big bag of cotton candy when we left, and he ate most of it.
After the fair, Matthew had to go back to the doctor for a re-check on his ears. His ears had cleared up well, but he has been very hoarse the last couple of days and seemed to have some drainage, so she went ahead and gave him something to keep it from running into another ear infection. (I'm sure that's where it would have headed.) We went to Mamaw's afterward and had supper with them and then we all played several games of bean bag toss. The kids were all so tired from being at the fair all day though, that they weren't very pleasant to be around! Both of my boys passed out, and I must say I'm typing with one eye closed! It's a pretty sure thing that I'm headed for bed :)
No comments:
Post a Comment