Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Golly-Gracious! Now I remember why I didn't want to work every day this year. After I put in my 4 1/2 hours today, I was exhausted. Being out of the routine really took its toll. By the time I got to Mom's house, my feet hurt, my back hurt, and my head felt like it could explode. Now don't get me wrong; the children were wonderful. I simply wasn't used to the new routine, and I could tell it. It was nice to be able to run into Jacob during the day though; and I love to walk down the hall and hear the kids say, "Hey, there's Jacob's mom!" I probably won't work a lot though because it changes Matthew's routine (Mom had to take him to school for me this morning) and I don't want to do anything to mess him up.

I observed Matthew's speech lesson today, and he just isn't a big fan. The clinician is incorporating coloring, cutting and pasting into his session, and those are things he REALLY dislikes! He was hollering out and banging his head, but he managed to get through it. (He will do a lot for a cracker!) He didn't illicit a lot of words. He said cracker, want cracker, ball and marshmallow. There are a lot of other words that he could have used, but it didn't suit his fancy. He was ready to go to KAP, and pulled one of the staff members right on down the hall without giving me a backward glance. When leaving WKU, his glasses fell off and he handed me one earpiece that was still on his ear. They broke. So, since we were in B.G., we went to his optometrist's office and got a copy of his eyeglass prescription, and then went to the optical store to order him some new glasses. We have to try to save that gas! Needless to say we are both really tired, and I think we are gonna go to bed in a few minutes. Jacob seems tired too, so I think that's best! Funny...I'm actually looking forward to cleaning house tomorrow!!! :)

No comments: