Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Matthew had his first day back at Western for the fall semester today. He met his speech clinician and had speech for an hour. I watched from the observation room, and he only escaped the room once. He was really wanting to go to the white room, which is his favorite place! He was really happy to get to see one of his favorite people back at KAP today. He goes straight from speech to KAP and that is a big help on gas and travel time. I think he was really happy to be back today. He fed himself like such a big boy tonight at dinner. Jason had fixed supper for us, and his mom ate with us. Matthew ate a lot of shells and cheese and did such a good job with his fork. He does so much better with a fork than a spoon, but I must say he makes me a bit nervous the way he gets so excited while holding it. Jacob was excited because someone different was picking him up from school. He was really happy that my aunt was picking him up because she picks up her grandson too.

I am glad that Matthew is a part of the programs at Western and I can tell it helps him. Most importantly he seems to enjoy it! I am so thrilled that there are programs like that as close to us as what they are. However, I am zonked! Matthew passed out a while ago, (He was zonked too!) and Jacob is trying to go to sleep now.

No comments: