Jason and I just came in from a date! Well, it wouldn't be a date in anyone else's eyes, but it felt like one to us. Both of the boys went to sleep tonight at church (I know, that seems like the norm...I think they put something in the air vents). After church, we were both hungry and with the boys totally zonked, we drove up to Munfordville to McDonald's and went through the drive-thru. We just talked all the way up there and back, and not once were we interrupted by, "MOM" "Hey MOM!" HA!HA! It is a VERY, VERY rare occasion if Jason and I go out alone, and we've only done that a couple of times since becoming parents. (That's no joke, I could probably count the times on one hand...unless going to church counts, cause mom watches them sometimes when we're having a revival.) I'm really referring to going out to eat, or to a movie or something. The last movie we went to alone was, For Better or Worse with Tim Allen and that was when I was almost due to have Matthew! So, now you know why we consider going to McDonald's Drive-Thru at about 9:45 at night with the boys asleep in the backseat is considered a 'date'! :)
What a day! I spent most of the day helping my brother out, and I can tell it. (I may not make it out of the bed in the morning!) I helped him unload straw twice, and he and I went and cut down enough fodder to make 33 corn shocks. Then I helped a bit with the selling while Christie and Ashlee went to town and Jeromy was mowing. I almost got a little out of shape when I had four or five customers at a time. It's hard to keep up with who's getting what. Jason and Jacob took off a truck and trailer load of aluminum cans this morning, and only got $51. It doesn't hardly seem like it's worth the trouble of collecting them. I told him we would take off the rest of what we had here at home, and then I don't think we're going to mess with them any more. Anyway, they came up to Mamaw's for a while and I used them during the run on mums and pumpkins. We got home around 5:15, and I went ahead and set up most of my fall display outside. (Jason didn't bring my corn shock home, so it's not finished yet) Then it was time to rush inside, throw everyone in the tub, (not at the same time of course...the tub ain't THAT big!) and get ready for church. Of course it took me the longest, and not because I had to do my hair and make-up...I had to scrub my feet with a nail brush to get all the black off from where I had worn flip-flops all day and had traipsed around in the corn field! I was dirty as could be, and to add to it, the corn and straw broke my arms and neck out, so I've been either itching or burning all evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment