Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Vanderbilt Update and Build-a-Bear!

Matthew did well through his EEG today at Vandy. He did not like her 'scrubbing' his head to prep it for adhering the electrodes, but he managed. I practically laid across him in order to keep him still through the whole thing! We kept him up late last night and got him up early this morning so he would go to sleep during the procedure, but he still stayed awake. He began to doze off three different times, but he would let out a little snore and wake himself up :o) I think it had something to do with me cutting his air supply off!!! I was so afraid he would move too much and rip the electrodes off of his head. The way he was bandaged up would have made it difficult to budge them, but then again this is Matthew we're talking about here! He was definitely ready to go once the procedure was over, and was really mad at me for washing all that 'glue' out of his hair. I was told to call the doctor on Friday in order to get the results, but this is the same doctor who has taken forever with the MRI results, so I'm not holding my breath! By the way, Jacob does not have strep throat. The test was negative! Hopefully he can go back to school tomorrow, unless he starts running another fever.
On the way home, we treated the boys to an early Christmas gift from Mommy and Daddy! We stopped by Opry Mills and let the boys make a Build-a-Bear animal. Jacob chose a puppy, and we chose a puppy for Matthew. (He put them all back in their bins.) We picked the same puppy as Jacob's because it was the softest. Jacob picked a baseball uniform for his, and we picked Batman pajamas for Matthew's. Jacob named his puppy Skip and Matthew's is Rocky. (After his favorite person in the whole world - The Rock) As an added gift for everyone, we stopped by Cracker Barrel when we got back to BG. We all enjoyed that, especially Matthew. He ate all of his mac and cheese, plus all of Jacob's and all of his fried apples and most of Jason's! Can you believe he still wanted something to eat when we got to Grandma's?! He is right now having a Pop Tart for snack before he gets a bath and goes to bed. He hasn't had a nap all day despite us keeping him up. I think it made me more tired than it did him! I've added a few pictures for your viewing pleasure!!!

Jacob and Skip
No, your eyes are not crooked...the picture was taken the opposite way, and for whatever the reason they didn't turn when I uploaded them. (Just tilt your head to the left!)

Matthew and Rocky
Matthew is not a big fan of stuffed animals, but he actually played with him for a little while. I think he like the Batman on his shirt more than anything else!

This is one of Matthew's new Christmas shirts. It got a lot of comments today! I think it's really cute!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm glad to hear that today wasn't too tramatic for Matthew. I'm sure he earned that mac and cheese!!

Hey Jacob - hope you're feeling better!

Heather said...

Despite the Vanderbilt trip, sounds like you guys made a great day of it. We always tried to plan something a little fun when we had to go to. It at least gives something to look forward to while your at the hospital. I love the Build-a-Puppies!! We let Trent do that when Trace was a baby, so I guess we need to let Trace do it too. Trent did a stuffed horse (imagine that!). So I guess Jacob just had a touch of a bug or something, huh? Well, glad he's feeling better. Congrats on getting to go to your favorite restaurant! (Is this the longest comment or what?!)

Wanda May said...

i love reading your "post". love the puppies, tell the boys that my puppy would love to have one. she loves my 'stuffed' snowman under the tree and we have to put it up. boyce says i should give it to her for christmas....