I took the boys to Kyrock this morning to have breakfast with Santa. We did pictures first and Matthew was all for it! He headed straight for the candy cane basket and was signing "candy" all the while. I told him he had to take a picture first and he sat on Santa's knee, looked straight at the camera (which is something he NEVER does willingly) and took a picture. Then he looked at the candy canes, got one and went back to his stroller! My smart little man will do most anything for food!
Jacob was not giving in so easily. I don't know what was wrong. He has already had his picture made with Santa twice this season. Reckon it's burn-out? I think he was more embarrassed because he was at his school with teachers, staff and other students. I finally walked him over to Santa and he stood by him for a picture. He told Santa he wanted a Wii. Santa said, "What's that? When you go to the bathroom?" He had Jacob rolling!! We had a really good breakfast and then Jacob made a Christmas ornament. Now, I was going to take some pictures with my camera, and when I got it out, it wouldn't come on. That's when I remembered taking the batteries out to charge them and forgot to put them back in! I was a little miffed at myself for my lack of memory! Just last night, my high school basketball team was being recognized for winning the district tournament in 1994 & 1995 and I forgot my camera then too! (I thought I would 'steal' some of former teammate and current blogging buddy, Staffanne's pictures, but she forgot her camera too! Does that mean we're getting old? I really need someone to get me some Ginko-Biloba for Christmas, but I can't remember to ask for it! Ha! Ha!) I will try to scan the pictures they made of the boys with Santa and post them later!
The boys and I took Mamaw her birthday gift today and enjoyed visiting with her for a while. We're gearing up for another busy day tomorrow. We have church tonight and tomorrow, a baptising to go to after church tomorrow and then a Christmas dinner with my dad's brothers and sister and their families after that! I love Christmas, but it would be nice to stretch things out a little bit more! I'm running out of time to get everything done!
1 comment:
The boys didn't want to go to Breakfast with Santa this morning. They said they had seen Santa 4 times already and they really wanted to stay home and play, so we did! I can't wait to see your good picture of Matthew and Santa. I wonder if Santa's bringing Jacob a Wii. If so, I might have to come over and play. I love those things!!
Post a Comment