Thursday, December 18, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Now I remember the one part of the holiday season that I don't like...time passes by way too fast! What I had hoped to avoid this year, has crept up on me like a tiger lying in wait. Do you remember my post a month or so ago that said I wanted to get all the 'business' part of the holidays done early so I could just relax and enjoy the season with my boys? Ha...ha...ha...ha...ha... Okay, it's exactly one week until Christmas and our stockings have yet to be hung up!!!! The shopping is not finished, the house is a mess, cookies have not been baked, the gingerbread house is not put together, lots of other decorations remain in boxes, gifts that have actually been purchased have not been wrapped or bagged, there are still movies to be watched, books to be read, cards to be mailed (they have to be put in the envelopes first!) Now I could go on with the list, but I'm making myself a bit nervous by thinking about it all...especially since the boys are out of school after their half day tomorrow!

I have been very busy this week trying to get as much done as possible before 'winter break' begins at school. I went shopping yesterday AND today, and I marked a lot of people off of my list. There's still more to finish, so I'm thinking I'll leave the boys with Jason one night and stay out as late as necessary to finish it all! (That's my usual thing!) I always say, "I'm getting my shopping done early next year!", and I start later than ever! Being a procrastinator is not such a good thing! Right now as I type this, Jacob asked, "Mom, when are we going to do the gingerbread house?"!!!!!!!!!! "Breathe Nan!! You've still got time!!" I'm not going to get in a fizz, and I'm going to make the most of the next few days. If it means the house doesn't look perfect for the big man dressed in red, then so be it! I'm going to enjoy this time with my boys! Tuesday was a snow day for our schools, so the boys and I stayed in all day. We enjoyed some Christmas movies and Jacob and I had some wonderful hot chocolate. It wasn't a very productive day, but we had fun! After a day of shopping yesterday, the boys and I visited at mom's while Jason went to see his brother in the hospital. Jeremy was put in for pneumonia, and was really having trouble breathing, but he is doing a bit better now. Tonight, the boys and I are settling in for a night home alone again, while Jason and the youngest brother go shopping. It is a tradition for the two of them to go shopping and then out for Chinese food. I don't know which to dread the worse, the gifts I'm going to get or the effects of the Chinese food!!!! They are true guys to the tee! They already know what stores they are going in and what they are going to buy! No browsing for them; they are all business!

I have 25 goody bags to fix and 4 teacher gifts to fix up for tomorrow, so I'll be plenty busy tonight!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Just so you don't feel too bad, it's 10:00 p.m. and I just finished making fudge and chocolate covered pretzels to go along with the teacher's gifts tomorrow. We finished shopping tonight and I stocked up on groceries last night, so HOPEFULLY no more Wal-Mart for me until after Christmas. We should let the boys get together and play while school's out.

Wanda May said...

Breathe girl, same boat here. Just wrapped a bunch, but too tired to put the tissue paper in. lol