Last night, Jason and I both set up a Facebook account. So now that I have one, can anybody tell me what in the world you're supposed to do on there? Jason set his up because a friend of ours who lives several states away is on Facebook and he came for a visit a week or so ago. Well, he and Jason commented back and forth some last night, and Jason laughed like he was actually talking to a real person. He would sit at the computer and verbalize what he was going to type before he typed it, to make sure it sounded okay I guess. (I'm guilty of doing the same thing sometimes though!) Well, I now have two friends on there, Jason and Tim. (Tim is the friend I was mentioning before, not some dude that I don't know!) But what is the purpose of this? Is it to comment back and forth, or is there something I don't know about here?! Why wouldn't you just e-mail the person you're wanting to talk to?
I much prefer my simple little blog! I talk about whatever I want to talk about, and it doesn't matter! :o) I actually started this as a way for family and friends to be able to 'stay in touch' with my little family, and more importantly, the boys! We have family and friends who we don't get to see near as often as we'd like, and this way they can watch the boys grow right on their computer monitor. It has also been a way for me to 'vent' from time to time, but I much prefer telling about the funny and exciting things the boys are doing at the moment! I've also caught up with some friends that I haven't seen for a while, and it has been exciting to catch a glimpse into their lives as well! I guess maybe I shouldn't catch on to the whole Facebook thing after all, since Jason says I'm on the computer too much anyway. (Hey, it takes a while to make my posts, upload photos, 'prettify' my layout, and not to mention reading my friend's blogs, as well as those I 'stalk'! Yep, I'm one of those!) Anyway, any insight into the Facebook craze will be greatly appreciated!
Happy Friday!!!! Wow, we start our Christmas parties tonight, so watch out for more pictures!!
4 comments:
I have Facebook, and I use it as a quick way to stay in touch with people. You can create a profile, add pictures and things like that. It is a huge deal for a lot of people but I only get on there every now and then. I do enjoy keeping in touch with friends! You can message, make wall posts and even do a live chat similiar to AIM on there now, too. I rarely talk to my friends on the phone these days since we all have big girl jobs so this is really the only way we stay in touch. I will add you and Jason as friends :)
Same here, I recently signed up for a Facebook account. I think it is a form of communication and for people like me who aren't creative enough to make their own blog!! I will add you guys.
Don't leave us for Facebook! I'm just now figuring things out about blogging. My brain can't handle another one. I really don't know anything about it, but as addictive as this is, I sure don't need anything else to keep me on the computer even longer.
I love facebook, you can just jot simple things down. Be my friend? lol later
Post a Comment