Sunday, December 28, 2008

Our Last Christmas Dinner

Add ImageToday concluded our Christmas gatherings for the 2008 Season. We went to Park City today to have dinner with my Dad's maternal side of the family, or "The Martin Christmas". My grandmother had lots of brothers and sisters, and for as many years as I can remember, have always had Christmas dinner together the Sunday after Christmas. The crowd was a lot slimmer this year than in years past. There are only 3 siblings of my grandmother's left with the oldest being 97 and unable to make the trip down from Louisville anymore. The only great-uncle that is left, lives in Scottsville, and the other great-aunt lives here in the county. And, she is still spry enough to play "Santa" and hand out the gifts! Even though there are people there I only see one time a year, and a lot of them I couldn't tell you their name, I still like going and taking my boys to carry on this tradition. Here are a few pics from the day...
Ashlee and Jacob
They are so much like brother and sister it ain't even funny!
Grandma and the kiddos.
We're missing Michael though.
(Matthew is watching the boy carrying presents by him is why he's not looking at the camera.)
Jacob's last Christmas gift for 2008...
It's a Diego Triceratops Rock Mountain!
Matthew's last Christmas gift of 2008...
It's "The Rock"!
Matthew loves wrestling, and especially The Rock! He also got a figure of Jesse Ventura. Funny to think that guy in pink flowery drawers is now the governor of one of our nation's states!
Matthew likes the back of the package about as well as the actual figure. He carried this around with him for a long time today!
Jacob is such a goof!
This picture was made a couple of weeks ago at the Doyle Christmas, and I'm just now getting around to posting it. It turned out okay other than Matthew looking like he'd rather be anywhere else! And yes, I'm sure that is an actual eye-roll!!

I packed up the Christmas decorations yesterday. I love to have them up, but it's always a relief to get them packed up and put away! We still have tons of stuff that hasn't been taken out of the packages yet, so I know what the boys and I will be doing tomorrow :o) The Wii has definitely been a big hit around our house. We consider Jacob our "Pro Bowler"! He really is good!! I've just quit playing against him because he wins every time. He holds the high score record at our house! Matthew's favorite things have been his squishy fidget balls, his wrestling magazines, wrestling pillow and wrestling throw. Matthew has been a bit congested yesterday and today, but I have already started him on his prescription congestion medicine, so hopefully it will help before he has to make a trip to the doctor. I have pictures from one of our other Christmas gatherings that I may post, but after that it will be on to the New Year!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I guess your ready for a vacation!! As exhausting as they may be, it's always fun to get together with family. Hope Matthew's not getting sick!

Jenni said...

The New Year - guess that means we need to get those tickers moving again.

I'm looking so forward to that - think sarcasm!