Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Doctor Appointments Galore!

Poor little Jacob had to miss school today for the first time all year. He was coughing some yesterday and he began running a fever last night. This morning it was 101.8, so I took him in and our ped thinks he may have strep throat. She did a culture, and we will find out the results in the morning, so that means another day off for him. He needs it too...around six o'clock this evening, his fever had shot up to 103.9! YIKES!!!! If he's better, he can go back to school on Thursday. Getting his lovely medicine down him is a blast!!!

Tomorrow is also the day to take Matthew to Vanderbilt for the EEG. We will be staying up late and getting up early. I anticipate him gaining about 15 pounds tonight and tomorrow, because eating is one way I know to keep him up! I also have "Christmas With the Kranks" handy, because talk about over-stimulation! Tim Allen with Botox is one way to push Matthew over the top!!!! Hopefully the test will go well, and I'm thinking about rewarding both of my guys with a little surprise on the way home. It will all depend on how everyone is feeling! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Sorry Jacob feels bad. It must be going around. We watched "Christmas With the Kranks" Sunday night. The next movie on my list to watch is "Deck the Halls" and "Santa Claus 3". I love Christmas movies. Good luck at Vanderbilt. I know it's a dread anytime you have to go there, but I wish you guys the best and a safe trip. If you need me to keep Jacob while your gone just let me know.

Kristin said...

We are thinking about you guys today! Keep us posted on the results. I have to work tonight, but know I am thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

i am sorry that Jacob is sick, Nathaniel has been also, but we got by with a sinus infection.!! Hope your trip is a good and safe one!! See you on Friday night!! :)
Love ya all
Doniel