YIKES!!!!! Jacob's birthday party is two days away and the house is still a mess! I had it looking fairly presentable, and then we started painting. All week has been dedicated to finishing up the boys rooms, the hallway and the bathroom, and I am exhausted. (I know Mom is! Remember, she's old..very old!) All the other rooms have an unsightly amount of clutter which has sneaked in from the rooms we've been re-doing. I'm down to the wire though, and that's when I do my best work. I have always been a procrastinator, and I truly dislike that about myself. However, I always seem to resort to my old ways even when I try to do better! Now, I'm thinking if I work all night tonight, all day tomorrow, all night tomorrow night, and right up until party time (except for Sunday School), then I should be ready! We'll seeeeeee ;)
Jacob had more tests today. He made 110% on his spelling and 100% on his reading test. Do you know them kids are already learning the parts of a sentence? (Looks like I need a grammar refresher course) It really amazes me the things they are teaching at younger and younger age levels. I wish they would just let kids be kids, but the state keeps upping the ante on curriculum guidelines. I'm glad Jacob catches on fairly easily. He is really enjoying reading right now, and I am proud of how well he can read to be in first grade. I don't remember being able to read in first grade! P.E. and recess are his favorite subjects right now. (Sounds just like a boy!)
Matthew's aide has been officially hired now. He's seems to be liking it okay at the 5/6 Center. This morning he did not want to leave the house and I practically had to drag him out the door, but when we got to school, he took off at a fast pace to get in the door, and never once looked back at me! He's such a stinker :)
No comments:
Post a Comment