Tuesday, August 12, 2008
What wonderful weather we've been having! It has been rather pleasant to be outside, even if we were putting away enough corn to supply a small country. (And no, we weren't trying to create our own ethanol gas!) We were just making sure that if there is nothing else to eat this winter, everyone will have a vast supply of corn. I helped my brother pull watermelons last night, and that was a bit more of a workout than shucking and silking the corn. My feet were completely black by the time we got home, (I know, I know; I need to quit wearing flip-flops) and I had to soak them and scrub them with a nail brush. I was a bit sore this morning and I slept a little later than I should. We made it to school on time though! Both boys seem to be doing well. Jacob had his first homework last night, and he and my niece did it together. He read again for me when we got home, and he is doing really well. I love it when a child first learns to read. They surprise even themselves by the things they can read! Jacob told me one morning over the summer that the cereal I was fixing myself had 100 calories in it! So far he hasn't complained about the homework, but this is only the second day :) Matthew has had a couple of good days this week too. I makes it a lot easier leaving him knowing that he is enjoying it! He's always ready to leave in the afternoon though, and I love the hugs he greets me with :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment