Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Today is the first day I have came home since taking the boys to school. It is so quite in the house I don't hardly know what to do with myself. The first item of business was to pay some bills. I've been washing clothes and trying to find out if there is really carpet under all the junk piled in the living room floor :)

Yesterday I talked with the special education director and they are in the process of hiring Matthew an aide. I'm breathing a little easier now! He needs someone if for no other reason than to keep him safe, but he has to have someone who can work one-on-one with him to help him with whatever tasks are asked of him. I didn't have to use the big speech I had prepared. Thank goodness it all went well!

Jacob had another good day. He is always anxious to get out of the car in the morning. (He's not always as anxious to get out of the bed in the morning, but once he gets up, he's ready to go!) This morning he had a funny look on his face, and I asked him if he was okay. He said he was, he just had a little something stuck in his throat right there, and he pointed at the spot. He said he thought it had grown arms and was hanging on in there. He said all this in such a serious voice and he never cracked a smile! I don't know where he comes up with this stuff, but I hope that thing let go of him this morning. That's sure something I don't want taking hold of me!

No comments: