What a hot day! Especially for someone sitting outside her son's school, hold-up in her car awaiting a phone call that never came. I was afraid that something would happen to Matthew or that he would have a bad day that I stayed outside in the parking lot with my cell phone attached to me at all times. I did have to go to mom's for a potty run, and I wound up heading to the Dollar Store when I began to get too hot. I just did not feel comfortable going all the way home for fear Matthew might need me. Even though he didn't, I'm still glad I was available anyway. I met with his teacher and principal, and tomorrow I am headed to the board to try to meet with the special education director. I may wind up going through all the school board staff, but I plan to hold out until they get Matthew his own aide. It is quite ridiculous that this has happened in the first place, and I hope that it can all be straightened out quickly.
Jacob had a really good day. He hopped right out of the car this morning and even gave me a hug before going into school. I wonder how long it will be before he gets too big for that? He told me tonight while we were sitting together on the couch that he was still my baby. He said he would have to get bigger before he wasn't my baby anymore, and I was quick to assure him that he and bubba would always be my babies. He said, "Even when I get real big?" I said, "No matter how big you get, you will always be my baby."
Jason headed out to the river today and one of his buddies caught up with him to go fishing. He didn't have major luck, catching only about nine fish. (I would have brought more into the boat, but I was sweating it out in my car in the middle of a blacktopped parking lot.) When it cools up a little and things get a little more settled, I'm hoping he can get off again so we can go out on the boat together. Then I'll have to show him how to really slay'em. (Of course that's after he baits my hook, and then takes the fish off when I catch'em!)
P.S. Let me know if you like the new lay-out :)
No comments:
Post a Comment