Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'm a bit nervous! Jacob has two tests tomorrow, and I'm the one stressing!!! Of course to a first grader, tests don't mean much. However, to a super nerd mom, old habits die hard! I'm going to have to remember he's only in first grade, (and he's not me!) Oh well, I don't really know how to help him study for his reading test except go over his story and vocabulary words. This will be a first for us! He's having a spelling test too. He had some spelling in kindergarten, but only four or five words at a time. He will have ten tomorrow, with two bonus words. He's done well practicing, as long as he don't freeze tomorrow! I'll have to let you know how it goes :)

Matthew has really been doing well! He is usually ready to get out of the car of a morning, but I'm thinking he's just wanting to get in there and eat his pop-tart! They have said he's doing well in class, so I'm pleased!

I have been trying to get the house cleaned and ready for Jacob's birthday party. I can't believe my littlest man is fixing to be six! It seems like just yesterday that I was sitting in the big living room chair, with my feet hanging over the left side arm, giving him his night-time bottle and holding him until he was fast asleep. He liked to play with daddy and others, but when it was night time, only mommy would do! Precious memories!!! :)

No comments: