Too pooped to post! That's been my motto for the past couple of days. Let's see...Friday morning I took the boys to school, and there was a volunteer meeting at 8:00 at Matthew's school. Afterwards I thought I would go on to Wal-Mart to get some groceries and the items on Jacob's classroom wish list. I realized I had forgotten the list at home, so I had to go get it. I went on to Wal-Mart, then stopped at school to drop off the items because I knew Jacob's class was in P.E. and I wouldn't be disrupting. I talked to his teacher about him getting behind and she said he was doing fine. He's not really getting distracted, but he wants everything done just so-so. He is very careful to do a good job. HMM! Wonder where he gets that? I went on home and threw my cold stuff (still in the bags) in the fridge, and went to my mother-in-law's house so I could see my niece. I visited for all of about 15 minutes then quickly headed to B-ville to pick up Matthew. I had told the boys since it was Friday I would bring them a treat, so I had to call in their milkshakes so they would be done when I got there. Wouldn't you know it, I still had to wait because they had forgotten to make one. I went across the street and got Matthew, all the while with milkshake running everywhere, and then we were on to get Jacob. Oh, did I forget to mention that while I was in the parking lot of Wal-Mart, mom called to tell me they had put my mamaw in the hospital? I picked up Jacob, along with my cousin's little boy, and we took him home to meet his big sister. The boys and I went to mom's house to wait for Jason and he took them home while I went to the hospital. Mamaw was doing okay, she was just cold and looked like a mummy all cocooned in her blankets. Her routine blood work had come back showing one of her medicines were at a much too high level and she would need to be monitored because it could cause her heart rate to increase or stop all together. I left the hospital in enough time to get home to the boys so Jason could go to lodge. (So much for the steak dinner I had planned!) Needless to say, I crashed by 10:00. I feel a little weary from just thinking about it again!
Yesterday the four of us went out on the boat to do a little blue gill fishing. Matthew wanted to eat continuously and Jason fussed about me trying to fish in the trees. He decided we would move to a different spot and I made up my mind on the way there I wasn't fishing any more. We went into another larger cove, and everybody and their brother must have thought it was the coolest hang-out spot. I feared we would get shot, because someone kept shooting off a gun. Jason started fishing and guess who landed in the trees about four times? Wasn't me, cause I wasn't fishing, remember? Well, after proving my point that anyone can miscast, I picked up my pretty pink and purple pole, let Jason put on the cricket, and finally caught some fish. Between all the boats making waves by running in and out of the cove, the people hollering on their boats, someone shooting a gun, and Jacob's mouth a running, I honestly don't know how we caught anything!! I came home with a splitting headache with Matthew, while Jacob stayed with Jason to clean the fish. I was looking forward to some much needed R&R, but guess what? No rest for the weary! Matthew decides it's time to make one of his too famous messes. Now, I'm not going into detail, but I had to give him a bath, clean the tub, give him another bath, clean the playroom, living room couch, clean the bathroom (which I had planned to do before I took a shower anyway) and then take my shower. I was wore to a frazzle, and not to mention my head was still hurting! Now that it's Sunday afternoon, I have already been to Sunday school, Wal-Mart, McDonald's drive-thru, and back home. I should be passed out somewhere, but instead I'm sitting here sharing my much too adventurous life with you. Oh yeah, Jacob just announced he's getting gray hair!!! How ironic :)
No comments:
Post a Comment