We have had a lot of fun the past couple of days. Not only have we enjoyed time off work and school, but we've visited and enjoyed time with our families. On Thursday we went to my uncle Clinton's house, (mom's brother) for lunch. There was a wonderful meal, with way too much food, and to make things even more blessed for the day, my cousin's son got saved that morning at a revival they had been attending. We visited for a while, and then everyone parted ways to go home and find recliners, sofas, beds, etc. Needless to say everyone was stuffed and there was enough food left to eat on for a week.
Last night we went over to Mamaw Shela's for a BIG thanksgiving meal. With our family of four, Jeremy, Jenni, Hannah, Jonathan, Tiffany and Shela's brother Jimmy, we had a table full of folk. We enjoyed a most wonderful meal, (not so good for the dieting duo, my SIL and me!) and then we had tons of fun afterward. We had taken our corn hole boards over, and everyone enjoyed a few games. While Jeremy, Jenni, Jonathan, and Tiffany were outside playing, Shela and I decided we would take a picture of her and the grandkids in front of the tree for her Christmas card. She had gotten the kids all matching pajamas, and we put them on. (More like poured Matthew into his. They were a tad small, but they served the purpose!) Shela sits on the floor and Jacob sits by her. I put Matthew right in front so she can hang onto him, and I stick Hannah on the other side. Now, have I ever mentioned before that Matthew HATES to have his picture made?! So we have one kid crying and trying to get up and another one trying to crawl between the table and recliner to get to the Cootie game! In amidst all this, Shela gets a charlie-horse in her leg and that just takes the cake. It was definitely the entertainment for the night. When the other guys come back in, we decide to try again, and we didn't have any better results. She has a shot or two she could use, but not the ideal angelic shot we had imagined! I told her she should do a collage of all the pics and write a little note explaining just how hard it was to take that picture :o) I took pictures of the three kids all laying in the floor on their faces and Shela was making some nice facial expressions with the leg cramp! We had the best time, and just enjoyed being together!!!! Another blessing! Then my mother-in-law had to go and send home the world's most leftovers...with a woman on a diet!!!!!
3 comments:
You sound like you have as much luck trying to take a picture as I do! You get one person situated and by the time you get them where you want them, the first one has already moved. I think that's why I haven't followed through with the whole photography thing:)
It sounds like you should have been video-taping instead of trying to take a picture! Poor Shela. I would still send the crazy shot in my Christmas cards, just for a laugh. Heck, I think most all of my Santa pictures I am screaming and crying.
I wish we wouldn't have missed the picture attempt! I bet it was so funny!
Post a Comment