Sunday, November 23, 2008

Christmas Tree Fun!

Whoo-hoo, our trees are up! Jacob and I put up our living room tree last night and got the lights on it, and then we decorated it this afternoon. Jacob was so much help, and he really enjoyed going through all the ornaments. His biggest thrill of the night was getting to go 'upstairs' for the first time. We have a really old house that we re-modeled when we got married, and then we added onto prior to Jacob. The upstairs, however, has never been redone, so that's just one place I've never taken him. I don't like like going up there myself because it's just dusty, and I usually end up with an allergy attack. I decided he was old enough to go take a look-see, and didn't realize that he didn't even know we had those rooms up there! My biggest delight of the night was that I finally have someone to help me carry decorations down from there. (I walked in front of him, so if he fell he would fall into me and not blunder all the way down the steps.) Usually I am the one to take care of all the decorating, including packing it all down and taking it back up. Now you see why I am so happy to have a little helper! We put in a Wiggles Christmas video to get us up and decorating, and then watched It's a Wonderful Life. We love our pretty little tree, and hope you enjoy the photos!

I can't believe it! My little guy is growing up because he usually loads the bottom branches! This year he put most of the ornaments up higher; some were a bit of a stretch for him.
My little Reindeer!


I had to take a photo so I would remember this moment forever! Jason, aka Scrooge, put an ornament on the tree. I think he was afraid I wouldn't put it on, and it's his favorite! (He said he put on two, but I didn't see it!)



This is a close-up of his beauty! My niece got this for him last year because he LOVES that movie! (Thanks Ashlee, now Ralphie is a permanent fixture on our tree!) Did I mention he put it right smack in the front?!


Jacob getting an ornament just perfect :o)


Jacob lined the Santas up and was fighting with them. I think he was re-enacting the Santa Clause II, when the toy Santa tries to take over.


This is our tree. I purposefully cut the top off because I haven't bought a new topper, and Jacob said the tree looked stupid without one! Hobby Lobby has them 1/2 off this week, so I'm going hunting!


This is Matthew's tree.

Since his room is light blue, navy and white, I decided to do a matching tree for his room. It has clear and blue lights on it, and is a cute addition to his room!
(A little update from last night...)
I went to check on my precious angel this morning and this is the sight I beheld!
We may end up with a tree in the bathroom yet, because as I type, I'm pretty sure I hear him ripping a few more off, and tossing them around the room!
This is Jacob's sports tree.

His room is sports themed with half blue and half red walls. He has red and blue lights on his tree, and lots of sports ornaments. And, he decorated it all by himself! I'm trying to instill all the traditions so that maybe a little of it will stick when he gets older and he won't end up like his daddy!! :o)


A closer up view of Jacob' tree. I have to watch though; some of his ornaments are baseball players and he hangs them close to one another and then pretends they are playing!


This is a pic of my Nativity scene. I always thought they were just the prettiest things, and my mother-in-law got me one for Christmas years ago. It is among my favorite decorations, even though I've had to reattach a head and couple of hands :o)

I love getting out all the ornaments for my tree, because so many of them hold such special memories. I have a slide-show planned for the near future to let you see some of my favorites and to share the memories behind them.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Jacob looks like he had a blast! And from the look of Matthew's tree, he also had a blast!! Nice photos!

Staffanne said...

Great Decorations! I really enjoyed the photos.

Wanda May said...

I love your trees, and Jason best stop being a scrooge. He was raised better than that. LOL Tell Jacob he did a wonderful job.

Heather said...

I love your trees!! I would love to have a snowflake tree like Matthew's. Was that really Jason I seen hanging an ornament? I was always scared of the movie 'The Christmas Story", (I think it was the leg lamp). Anyways, I'm glad you finally got your trees out and you ALL did a great job!