Well, I've considered doing this for a while now, but I've decided to track my weight loss progress here with you on my blog. Now I've always been a big girl, so this is not going to be easy, but I thought if I tracked my progress here, I would be more committed to sticking to it. I know this is probably the worst time of year to begin a weight loss regimen, but I'm hoping this will keep my holiday feasting to a minimum ;o) My goal is to lose 50 pounds by my next birthday in May. It may be a far stretch, but it sounds do-able to me. It's a sad day though, I have to say goodbye to my best friend, Little Debbie. She and I have shared lots of mornings at my mom's house after I drop the kids off for school. At least all the 'good' Halloween candy is gone now!
I'm not planning on trying any particular 'diet'. Cutting back on the sweets, I'm a chocoholic, and sodas, and some good ole 'eating in moderation' will help me more than anything. Adding a LOT more water to my diet should help a lot too. Bye-bye Mickey D's Sweet Tea :o( Is that a tear I feel slipping down my face. I also plan to do some kind of exercise daily. Now that the weather is turning colder, I'll probably pull out the old 'Walk of the Pounds with Leslie Sansone' video. I've got my trusty little sit-up thing-a-ma-bob, that has foot straps and handles that are connected by a big spring, that I'm always afraid will slip off my feet and come back and whack me in the head!
Why the sudden urge to lose weight? Well, the urge was not 'sudden' by no means. I've been meaning to start for about the last 50 Mondays, and it actually took a lot of nerve for me to hit the ground running here with you! The fact that I'm at my highest weight EVER, has proven a bit of an inspiration too. Not to mention even my 'big' clothes ain't so big anymore :o) Also, my cholesterol was too high, my blood pressure was up a smidge, and did I mention I was at my highest weight ever?! I also have two little boys that I want to be way more active with. Can you believe I used to play basketball and softball in high school? I probably couldn't make it from one end of a basketball court to the other without collapsing a lung! Funny thing is, I was a big gal then too; but oh to be that size again! I think shedding even a few pounds will make me feel tons better!
I'm not planning on doing any posts on my 'healthy lifestyle change', but instead will just keep track of my weight loss progress on the little ticker under my 'About Me' in the sidebar. I like to reserve the main part of my blogging for my boys! They're much more fun to write about anyway!!!
7 comments:
YOU GO GIRL!!!!! I may just join you,,,of course it wouldn't be fair,,,the (cancer)) takes some of my weight naturally, but it wouldn't hurt me to loose some more. You hang in there,,,you can do it!!
Good luck.. You can do it if you set your mind to it. I really need to do it too, but we will see if that happens.
I am there with you! I want to lose about 25 pounds. I am determined this time and I know you can do it!
What a great idea! Can we make this a group thing? I'm not kidding - I really like this idea! I'd thought about starting after the new year, but it wouldn't hurt to start now.
The weight loss ticker is good too. I've seen them on a couple of blogs, but they've all had the beginning and ending weight listed. No thank you to that! I like your ticker much better!
Did you officially start today? We had Thanksgiving lunch today, so today would NOT be a good day for me.
You can't just quit the Mickey D's Sweet Tea!! It causes extreme grumpy behavior. I am all for being healthy but as you said moderation. Have you ever tried drinking their tea half sweet/half unsweetned? Not too shabby. You can do anything you set your mind to.
You can do it! I agree Kristin on the sweet tea though. You might have to ease your way off that one.
Hardest thing to do in my life. And what gets me is: I cut out the cokes, the candy and eat in moderation and still do not loose it. I am on medication, and it has helped me. Gives me energy, not the heart beating fast, and I do not eat as much. I have lost almost 30 lbs, and it still has been a struggle. I will be thinking of you, and yes you can do it
Post a Comment