Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Mid-Week Weariness

Wednesdays always seem to be tiring days. I think the busy-ness of the week builds up and we always have a long day since we have prayer meeting. I usually seem to be worn out by Wednesday evenings, and the boys must too, seeing that usually at least one of them falls asleep at church. (Tonight it was Matthew, last week it was Jacob.) We have had extra activities due to the Prince contest this week as well. I have been running baked goods up to school and we have spent a couple of evenings this week selling goodies around our neighborhood. Jacob has worked really hard selling his treats and I hope he has a good chance of winning. If not, no biggie; we will have still raised a lot of money for his school :) Fall Festival is coming up Friday, and I will be sure to give an update on the contest. This is something that Kyrock goes all out for. The little boys wear suits or dress shirts and ties and the little girls wear Sunday dresses. So no matter whether he wins or loses, my 'little prince' is going to be stylin'! I will be sure to post some pics! He's just happy he'll get a trophy for being classroom winner :)

I have also been babysitting quite a bit. I thought for sure Halle was going to roll over today! I was coaxing her to come toward me, and Mamaw's doggie 'Judge', came and plopped down in between me and Halle. Judge is so funny; who would have thought a dog could be so jealous! When I'm there with the baby and Mamaw starts to talk to her, he will bring his toy to her so she will play with him instead :) He likes it best when I come in without the baby. He will hop right into my lap for some 'Nannie' time! He is a really good dog, and he provides Mamaw with a lot of companionship. It's just funny how smart dogs really can be.

1 comment:

Staffanne said...

Good luck on the contest! I remember those Kyrock Fall Festival days.