Monday, November 17, 2008

Hey friends! I hope you all enjoyed Jacob's post from yesterday morning. Thank you to those who commented to him. He REALLY enjoyed me reading them to him! I can honestly say, Jacob enjoys reading and looking at my blog. Sometimes I see him at the computer reading it all by himself. Maybe he'll do another post soon. I think I'm gonna let Matthew hack away at the keyboard too!

Well, I made a little progress toward Christmas decorating today. Matthew's tree is up in his room. This is the first year I have ever put a tree in his room, and it may not last long. Now don't fear, it will not be plugged up when he is in there alone, and all the ornaments are plastic. However, if I see him bothering it, I guess it will become the hallway tree :) I just hated to leave him out of having a tree, and I never did so intentionally...the side of safety has always won out. I think the way I have this one fixed, he won't bother it, but I'll keep my eye on it! I also started moving the living room furniture around to make way for our 'main' tree. One of my greatest mysteries is trying to figure out how so much stuff manages to hide under a couch :-p Hopefully I can make more progress tomorrow.

Today has been a sad day of passing. The sweet little lady that lived next to my Mamaw, passed away this morning at the age of 105. On the 28th, she would have turned 106. Mrs. Penner was a sweet, sweet woman who made the BEST popcorn balls on earth! Every Halloween we always looked forward to her popcorn balls. There were lots of days through the summers that I would walk across the field and go visit with Mrs. Penner. She always enjoyed us kids coming to visit, and welcomed us with a smile.

Secondly, a friend of mine and a special person to Matthew, lost her dad today in a tragic accident. I mention this to ask for prayers for her and her family at this sad time. Often times when ones we know and love are faced with tragedy, we ask what we can do, but most times prayer helps more than anything else we can offer. I know she will appreciate the prayers and warm thoughts.

4 comments:

Stephanie Burton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie Burton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie Burton said...

Hey Natalie! I have not seen you in years, and ran across your blog while I was on Carol's. I hope you and your family are doing good. Hopefully now we can keep in touch. Take Care.

Staffanne said...

I loved Jacob's post! We are decorating for Christmas to. I love it! Hannah loves to sit in her swing and look at the lights on the tree and smile. So sad to hear about Ms Penner, but she sure has lived a long prosperous life. I wish you would email me @ kcandsc@windstream.net and tell me how to put music to my blog! I always love your music.