Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I will be busy with my cooking a little later in the morning, and then it will be off to my uncle's house for lunch. Tomorrow evening we will go to Jason's mom's and enjoy dinner with her and the rest of his family. Here are a FEW of the things that I am thankful for on this Thanksgiving Day...
*First and foremost is God, my salvation, and this wonderful way that has been handed down to me. When the Lord saved me twenty one years ago, I became indebted beyond the ability to repay. I want to hold on to this old time way and hand it down to not only my children, but to all that I love so much. For the opportunities, blessings and mercies the Lord has shown me, I am grateful.
*My beautifully handsome little boys, are life's greatest blessings, second to my salvation. I love them beyond measure and I'm proud and honored for the privilege to be their mommy. I am thankful for seeing my Jacob handing out song books for the first time with his daddy at prayer meeting last night, and then standing with him as Jason led singing. I was 'singing' in the singing class when I was his age, and it brought back those memories. I hope he always has an interest in singing, and I pray to one day see him standing there, truly knowing what he is singing about. Jacob is a delight, even though a very active one, and he brings such joy to me. He was a little miracle, as all children are, that came along at just the right time. My Matthew is so precious, and moments like yesterday morning, are times that make his struggles move beyond notice. Knowing the strides he has made, makes each "Momma" that much more precious, and his hugs and kisses melt the troubles right away. Knowing the Lord gave me my children in the way that He saw fit, makes it all okay. If it satisfies Him, it satisfies me. I'm not always in a shape to say that, but I'm thankful when, through His help, I can get to that place. I'm also thankful for my 'Angel' I lost over seven years ago. I never saw more than the tiny shape on a monitor, but 'my little one' will forever hold a part of my heart. That baby was a life to me, and it was one of the absolute hardest things I ever endured when I learned I would never look into my child's face, or hold him or her for the first time. Through heartache, lessons are learned, and for that I am grateful. It was His will, and there was a purpose. I am thankful that God will give comfort in the times we need it.
*Even though my posts may not always show it, I am so thankful for my husband. He is a true provider for our family, and he has been a rock to me. I know the Lord put us together, and we've shared so many blessings.
*I'm thankful for my little church and my 'family' there. The Lord has blessed us and I pray He will continue to help us. It means so much to have a church to call home.
*I have a wonderful, close-knit family that I am certainly thankful for. My parents and grandparents have been an inspiration to me, and I couldn't be more thankful for the life they led before me. My brother (even though we fought like crazy as kids) and SIL are two of my best friends, and my niece and nephew are as close to my heart as any two could be without being my own! I'm glad my boys have such a wonderful uncle, aunt and cousins. My aunts, uncles and cousins are special to me and I'm glad of our relationships.
*The family I married into seems like my very own. Jason's parents treated me as if I was one of their own, and they mean so much to me. I still miss his dad so much, with that laugh that made you know he was up to no good. He was such a good Papaw to Matthew, and I wish that Jacob could have met him. Jacob makes me think so much of Ronnie at times, and I know they would have had a blast together. Shela is such a strong woman, with a voice like an angel, and I'm thankful of the life I've seen her live. More than anything, she is my friend! Jason's brothers, SIL and niece are special to me too. We've had lots of fun times, and I'm looking forward to more!
*I've made so many friends through life that I am so thankful for. Some I met in childhood and others more recently, but they all are special.
I am thankful of so many things we often take for granted; my health, a warm home, a way to get from one place to another, food to eat, ($20 filling my car up again!), and life itself. These are just a few of the things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving holiday! I've been blessed beyond measure, and I'm thankful of every moment! I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day, and that you take time every day, not just today, to count your blessings!
1 comment:
Hey Natalie!
Glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving. Matthew is looking awfully handsome these days! He's getting so big! i just wanted to let you know that I too started a blog recently. Its just a way for me to vent and share my life with anyone who cares about reading it! LOL
www.mrl82.blogspot.com
Post a Comment