Monday, November 10, 2008

Christmas Anticipation :o)

Okay, I'm going to try really hard and not rush the holidays by leaving my Thanksgiving background up until Thanksgiving night. After that, it's Christmas time! I have always been one to wait until after Thanksgiving to begin my Christmas decorating, but I'm a little anxious this year. I was working last year, and it honestly felt like the holidays went by in such a blur that I barely kept up, much less enjoyed my most favorite time of year. This year I am planning on savoring every moment! I have decided to go ahead and begin a little decorating soon, so that I don't have to rush around after Thanksgiving to get it all up. I want to save that time for baking Christmas goodies, gift wrapping, card sending, and the very best of all...snuggling up on the couch with my guys under comfy warm blankets watching Christmas movies in the light of the Christmas tree with mugs of warm cocoa. (That would be a cup of caffeine free coke for Matthew!) :-) I want to cherish every moment of the holiday season with my boys and most of all, make sure they understand the TRUE meaning of Christmas. I have been sure to stress each year the real Christmas story, but I want to make sure it sticks with them. Actually, we have already started with Christmas; Jacob's tree is up in his room. I know...I used to say I would never start that early, but I really want to enjoy my decorations for as long as I can, and I want to be able to do more during the official Christmas season than worry about whether the tree is up or not :) Thanksgiving is still among my very favorite holidays; I just have never decorated for it much. I know one thing for sure...this house is gonna have to get cleaned before any decorating can take place. I am already working on a play list of Christmas songs for my blog when I change my background too! (The Christmas shopping, on the other hand, is gonna have to wait till Jason gets his Christmas bonus!)



I think I'm going to let the boys start making some posts on here. I'm kind of interested in what they might have to say! I'm not going to let Jacob start tonight, because he will probably tell you what a mean mom I am since he has to go to bed an hour early tonight. He's developed quite the attitude at times and I'm hoping a good LONG nights' sleep will make for a more cheerful little guy in the morning :)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I think a lot of people are decorating early. I've seen several lights turned on throughout the county. I've thought about starting early too for the exact same reason- I want to spend my time making cookies with Hannah and watching Christmas movies. I've been looking at nativity scenes and think I'm going to get a little people one so that I can start telling Hannah the "real" Christmas story. The only problem is actually finding one in the store. I know that she's too little to understand if she doesn't have something tangible to look at and feel. Hopefully, she'll at least be able to tell me which one is Baby Jesus by Christmas.

Heather said...

I have cleaned non-stop tonight just for that reason. I won't put my tree up until Thanksgiving night, (it's just out tradition.) But I want to go ahead and set my village up and all of my house decorations. I love the whole Thanksgiving/Christmas season.