Saturday, October 2, 2010

Starting Fall Break Right!!

Yesterday was the perfect beginning to our Fall Break!! The weather was gorgeous for the first day of October, and the boys and I had a wonderful day. We started out the day at home...the boys watching movies and playing, while I did a little housework, all with the smell of pumpkin spice in the air...(candle, not an actual pie in the oven...I didn't get that into the fall spirit. :) We headed over to Grandma's for a little work for me, and a visit for the boys. Then Jacob and I took Toby to the vet...not exactly the most fun thing for us to do, and I had to make Jacob go with me, but Toby is his cat and I want him to help be responsible for him. The good part about our vet visit is that Dr. Thomas believes Toby will be okay. He thinks he got a little too curious and got into something that caused some ulcerations to his mouth, but that he believes he will be alright. (Whew!) He got a little shot of antibiotics, we have to fix his food up like soup so that it's easier for him to eat because his mouth is so sore, and we will call the doc back on Monday to let him know how he's doing. (If he's no better by Monday, we will have to take him back for blood work to rule out renal disease, which is kidney failure, but he thinks Toby is acting too good for that.) Ha...here Jason has been so sick at times this week that he can hardly breathe but still won't go to the doctor, and he's the one that said he thought I should go ahead and take Toby to the vet! MEN! :) Poor little Jacob was scared too death at what the Toby's prognosis would be, but you should have seen him smile when Dr. Thomas told him Toby should be okay!! Well, now that y'all have gotten your animal lesson for the week, I'll move on to other things! ;) We finished our evening with a real treat!! I took all of my guys out for dinner in BG...Sonic for Matthew :) and Fazolli's for the rest of us :))) (But considering Matthew ate most of a piece of pizza, he had Fazolli's too!) Jacob LOVES their breadsticks, and ate almost all of his lasagna. Then, even though we were all stuffed, since we were so close to Brewster's, we thought we should go ahead and stop in. Ahhhh....wonderful!

I want to go ahead and mention how much better Matthew is doing at school and at WKU!! His speech sessions have went much smoother this week, and he's been much better at school. (Ha...and they moved his desk around so that it takes him longer to get to the door!) I can tell a big difference in his communication lately! He is vocalizing more, using his signs much more consistently, and is using his devices at school and WKU correctly. You should see him work his wooden matching puzzles...super proud of him! :) Jacob is doing well too, he made an A on all of his tests from Friday (math, spelling, reading and grammar)...super proud of him too!! :) Ha...and might I say, I learned from helping him study for his math test, that I am apparently ignorant. There were a couple of questions on there that I had NO clue how to show him the proper way to work it out without going WAY over his head with algebraic equations. (And then I think I must have been going over my own head, since I don't think I ended up with the right answer anyway! ;) I told him just to do his best on those and we wouldn't worry if he missed them since I couldn't do them either...and, there is probably some simple little way to figure it out that I was way over-doing it on. Yes, I promise I passed all of my math classes in high school, including calculus, but apparently that doesn't help when studying with a third grader! Ha!! :) Happy Fall Break!! (And maybe, just maybe, I'll include a few pictures before long!)


2 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like you did start the break off right!! Hope you all have a great week:)

April said...

All sounds good!!