Friday, October 8, 2010

Fall Break - Wednesday & Thursday

After Tuesday's events, I decided that Wednesday should be reserved for a day of rest around the old homestead. I was rather sore from that nice tumble I took Tuesday night, and probably the most exciting thing of the day was Matthew helping me make tea. He's helped me make Kool-Aid on occasion, so I thought we'd give tea a whirl. Instead of him dumping the sugar in the pitcher, he used his other hand to get him a big fist-full to eat. He was quite funny with a "sugar beard"! :)

I had no plans for yesterday, but when I woke up I thought it just seemed like a great day to go to the zoo. I don't really know why I thought that, but I just went with the whim. I sent Ashlee a text to see if she and Michael would like to go with us. She was game, but Michael informed her that he didn't like the zoo and didn't want to go! We got a bit of a later start than if it had been a planned trip, and we stopped at McDonald's along the way to get us a bite to eat. (Zoo food is expensive, and I didn't care much for it when we ate up there last time.) I told Matthew that we would get him a hot dog when we got there, but unfortunately their food vendors were closed. It was a good thing I had packed some crackers in my bag; they pretty much kept him satisfied. I have uploaded a few of my pictures, and will attach a link to my facebook photo album so you can see them all if you would like. It took me a long time last night (until I fell asleep waiting) and a good while early this morning to upload them there, and it takes forever to upload them onto my blog as well. Enjoy...

I love going to the zoo in October; they have it all decorated for Halloween!

Jacob on the komodo dragon...with a strange little child behind him. This is one of several pictures I got of him with a strange kid as well. (And I don't mean strange as in weird!...Just a kid we don't know!) I had to include this picture. It is a rattlesnake and a copperhead in the same little exhibit. Jacob looked at them and said, "Dear Lord!"...and we moved right on by!

Superman!! (And in my photo album you will see a skinny wonderwoman...I'm surprised I fit completely behind the cut-out!) ;)

♥Me and my boys♥ ♫♪Follow the yellow brick road♫Follow the yellow brick road♪Follow, follow, follow, follow, follow the yellow brick road♫We're off to see the tigers, gorillas and elephants!♪♫ Jacob checking out the flamingos. Dinosaurs have made their way to the Zoo! They now have a new "exhibit" of robotic dinosaurs which is pretty neat. (Of course it costs extra to go through it!) I think the look on Jacob's face pretty much sums up what we all thought about this mean little guy! I think Matthew even liked some of them. I'm going to get out my pictures of the last two years and do a size comparison! Matthew sitting by one wore out gorilla. This little dude was passed slap out. (I even checked to make sure I could see him breathing!) I like this one... Jacob typing away...and for those that had typing at ECHS, he couldn't even be threatened to have the power turned off on this old manual machine! ;) Road trip??? Awww....and I didn't even ask them to pose like this! :)

Sir Jacob fighting off an evil villain!

See? Another strange little child... My little green army man. Hanging out in the giraffe house. My favorite picture of Matthew for the day...He is growing so much!! CaRouSeL
The sun was SO bright we couldn't keep our eyes open!

We truly did have a wonderful time! The boys each came out with some loot from the gift shop, and were some happy campers. Matthew got three snakes and a stretchy worm thing, and he is chewing on the snake as I type. Jacob got a new little stuffed animal and some more of the Schleich animals he collects. He got a woolly mammoth, a saber-tooth tiger and a couple of dinosaurs that we hadn't seen anywhere else, and he played with them all evening. We dropped Ashlee off and decided we would complete our special day with dinner. Matthew was all too eager to head to Cracker Barrel!! Here's Jacob who was super-proud of himself for branching out and ordering something new...shrimp! :) And Matthew is telling me what he wants...here he is signing the "cheese" part of macaroni and cheese, and we dare not forget the apples!! He always signs "apples" too! When we left Cracker Barrel, Matthew just giggled and giggled. I think he was one happy boy. Jacob said, "If you had fun today say "I"", and both he and I said it. It also sounded like Matthew said something pretty darn close! :) Since Jacob was SO wound up from excitement, (Matthew passed out on the way home), I let him stay up and play and wait for Daddy to come home. You should have heard him jabbering away recounting the days' events for him. Priceless!!!

Here's the link to my facebook photo album...I hope it works!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2068913&id=1011811936&l=f271894782

2 comments:

Heather said...

I know why you would rather go in October than September:) It wouldn't have anything to do with a certain "season" being over, would it? I'm glad you all had fun. I loved your pictures. When I told Trent that you all went, I had to scroll back up and read to him what animals Jacob bought. He knew that he probably bought more Schleich animals. Trent actually spent some birthday money yesterday and bought three more to add to his collection. So they'll have to get together and show each other their new toys.

April said...

Sounds great. I wish I could have been off some this week to spend with my kiddos, but they are having fun with their granny. Sounds like a great time for the zoo.