Monday, October 18, 2010

People of Walmart

I have heard there is a website out there somewhere about the people of Walmart. I have no idea what the website is, who it has on it, or if it is even decent...or even real for that matter. I have no intentions of looking it up tonight either. Part of the reason is out of sheer terror; sheer terror that I may see a picture of myself there after the little trip I took this afternoon. First, might I say that it has just been one of those days. I have definitely felt like doo-doo, but a trip to Walmart was high-near a necessity. You know, one of those times that you HAVE to go get Pop Tarts, pullups, bread, cold medicine...all those must-have items. (And do NOT question the fact that Pop Tarts is a must have item...it IS at OUR house!) So...I get the brainy idea that I don't really feel like going by myself, and I coerced my husband and children into going with me. First "terror"fying moment...I look like complete crap and what always happens when you are out in public looking like complete crap? That's right, you will definitely run into someone you know!! Then...Walmart was FULL of the most rude and inconsiderate people I have ever encountered....and most of them were Walmart employees! What happened to them stocking shelves on third shift when there are lots fewer people there??? It must have been a "stock-a-thon" event, cause them people were going everywhere. I kid you not...I told Jason (while in hearing distance of an employee) "I think them Walmart people need to find a little better time to stock their shelves! I'm gonna plow over the next one that gets right in front of me!" And I meant every word. If one more of them blue-shirted folks had of cut in front of me and then looked at me like I was in their way, I was takin' them out with my cart! Hello people...I am fixing to put a large chunk of your paycheck into that little cash register up front...you might want to get out of my way and let me get my Pop Tarts! Oh, and there are a few words you might want to learn...let's start with "excuse me"!!! If all that wasn't good enough, Matthew provided the icing on the cake...he swiped a package of crackers right out of a woman's cart as she passed by in the aisle. I was completely mortified, and was pretty much afraid to even look up. Thank goodness she was a little more considerate than others, and handled it all so well. In more humor than anything, I informed Matthew that we would get him some crackers, but that he was not to swipe them out of other people's carts! :) I finally get all the things I "had" to have, and told Jason that I was ready. I told him it might be a good idea if he takes Matthew on out to the car while I checked out so that he wouldn 't be grabbing all those goodies that Walmart has to put in their check-outs...(I know they do it just so children whose parents forgot to send them money to buy goodies during recess from all those running for king/queen, etc. can guilt them into getting some candy since "they didn't get to get anything today at school because they didn't have any money"....guess whose mother forgot to send in some change today?! And guess who left Walmart with some Airhead Extremes?!) Anyway, Jason says, "Are you sure you can handle it?" Meaning can I put the half-cart of groceries on the checkout and pay for them. "Yeah, I think I've got it." (In ALL seriousness, he was being SUPER-nice...I'm just on a roll with all the sarcasm.) After all...I usually go to the grocery by myself...and I think there's a reason! Jacob and I check out and get to the car where Jason has Matthew all buckled up, car started, air on, etc. Jacob gets in and I begin putting all the bags in the trunk...while Jason sits in his seat and waits on me. Ummm, hello??? Is this the same man that doubted my ability to check-out by myself? I'm so glad you have full-confidence that I can load all the bags in the car by my lonesome!!! To top it off, I got in the car and said, "I feel like poop." Jason looked at me and said, "You look like you feel like poop." I guess he saw the look on my face and quickly said, "But you don't LOOK like poop. You just look like you FEEL like poop." Ha...and the best part of it all, I knew he was being sweet when he said it! :)



3 comments:

Heather said...

I've had Wal-Mart trips like that!! I guess at some point we all have. If not, you must not visit there regularly. Hope today has been better for you.

April said...

Definitely had Wal-Mart days like that. I go to the Wal-Mart on Veteran's Memorial, it's not as bad as the other one. I usually go alone because if I take everyone, I have to practically take out a loan.

Anonymous said...

Matthew was just trying to save you the trouble of going down the cracker aisle!!! I love that kid!

Boofer