We started our day on a pretty good note. Matthew didn't sleep nearly as long as I would have liked, since it is Fall Break and all, but I decided we would just go with the flow. My niece called me early on in the morning to see if the boys and I would like to go over to Mom's house to watch movies, or just do whatever. It just thrills me to know that Ashlee is seventeen and a senior in high school, but still wants to spend time with her Aunt Nannie and the boys. We planned to continue our annual tradition of watching our favorite Halloween videos today, but seeing as I left one of them at home and we left the other one at Mamaw's from where we watched it last year, we had a tiny change in plans. We WILL still watch Double Double Toil and Trouble (with the little Oleson twins) and Barney's Halloween Party sometime before Halloween. I remember watching these movies with Ashlee when she was LITTLE, and we watch them together every year! :) Today we watched some of her other Mary Kate and Ashley videos...she has quite the collection since they were VERY popular when she was smaller. Yes, we are complete goofs. And that was the good part of the day.
Jacob and I took Matthew to WKU for his speech session, and Jacob was very excited to get to observe his Bubba. Matthew had a fairly good session, but then all, well I don't know what to say, broke loose. I kept waiting for Matthew and the therapist to come out into the hallway, and finally she came to the door and said they had had a little accident. I hurried around the corner, but what I saw didn't even classify as an accident. Low and behold it was a catastrophe. Now I won't go into explicit detail, as I almost caused my brother to chuck by recounting the events, but I'll just say that Matthew is taking an antibiotic that he will no longer be taking. I should have remembered to tell the doctor that it reacts on him horribly, but I always make sure to tell them about his allergy to Augmentin, and forget that Omnicef has some nasty effects on him. Oh, believe you me, I WILL remember it next time!! It was quite horrible. Needless to say, I cleaned him as best as I could (with Lysol wipes none-the-less, as they were all that was available) and we headed to the car with shirt rolled up in the back, shoes in a plastic bag, pants cuffed up, and me walking directly behind him. I stripped him out of his shirt, plopped him in the car, and we made FAST tracks to my mamaw's, where Grandmama had bath water waiting us....and where Jason soon met us with a change of clothes for us both. Yes, that was completely necessary. If I could have safely bathed us both in Clorox, you better believe we would be a little paler now. His poor clinician...have I mentioned that Matthew is her very first client??? WOW...nothing like breaking her in right. She was trying her best to clean up, so I have to hand it to her. The supervising clinician...I don't think she had a clue of what to do any more than the student did. But the one I feel sorry for is Mr. Charlie...he's the custodian they were calling for as we made our swift exit out the door. Thank Heavens we were out of there before we had to see him face to face. (Oh, by the way, the floors of the CEC are carpeted...not tiled!) I definitely came out of all that with some battle scars...
Oh, but that's not all...Jacob and I had already made plans for him to spend a little of his money while Bubba was at KAP, and then we were going to stop at Sonic on our way home and have supper since Daddy had plans for the afternoon. Since we had a drastic change in plans, I went ahead and took them to Mickey D's in Smiths Grove. Jacob has decided that he is now too old to eat from the kid menu, so he was super-psyched to order a QuarterPounder meal. He ate every smidgen of the burger and almost all the fries....this was after eating three apples at Mamaw's...dear mercy....am I a glutton for punishment! The disaster was whenever we got home. Matthew was NOT going to get out of the car. I had dropped a Wii game that Jacob was crawling around trying to find. I'm pulling a very stubborn and strong Matthew out of the car, and back up unsuspecting over the top of Jacob who is down on the ground behind me. Needless to say, I fell down, all while trying to avoid landing on Jacob who I would have pulverized, and with Matthew landing on top of me. It was just beautiful, I'm sure. I'm very glad it was dark outside and that the neighbors were not at home. Definitely hoping tomorrow is a little less dramatic!

4 comments:
Bless your hearts! I am sure the KAP people didn't think twice about it. Remember, you ARE wonder woman!
Wow! You better where some elbow pads and knee pads tomorrow:) Maybe even a helmet! Then again...maybe tomorrow will be a little calmer:)
I'm sure tomorrow will be better. Sounds like all the bad stuff happened in one day!!
Poor Natalie! If you haven't heard it already, you need to hear Ruth Ann's story about Devin filling his car with gasoline. It will make you chuckle, as this one has me. Sorry to hear it was a bad day for you, but it makes for a great story! I love reading these! And I'm sure you are laughing at it by now too!
Judy
Post a Comment